Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
16K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  S3aturnR 
#1 ·
yup...i've been looking everywhere for a good exhaust for my 07 rabbit

also cant find intakes or any other performance upgrades...and dont think there's bodykits yet for the rabbit..but if anyones knows were i could help...let me know...

thnk!

#3 ·
Rabbitkid714 said:
yup...i've been looking everywhere for a good exhaust for my 07 rabbit

also cant find intakes or any other performance upgrades...and dont think there's bodykits yet for the rabbit..but if anyones knows were i could help...let me know...

thnk!
no offense, but if you intended to do this to your car from the start, why didn't you just get a GTI???

s3aturnr

#4 ·
I have also been lookin' for exhuast and other mods thanx for the links and most ppl that want to do these things to the rabbit instead of the gti is possibly same reasoning for my purchase of the rabbit... 1) price tag 2) price of fixing the gti if anything goes wrong since its a turbo charged car, not sayin vw's aren't pricey to fix in the first place lol

#5 ·
I'd love to do some simple mods to the Rabbit--simply to make it that much more fun to drive.
Frankly, GTI's were way out of the question for my price range, sticker-wise and insurance-wise...which is unfortunate, but I am still really happy with the 2.5, and I think it's not out of the question to get it pushing 25-30hp and torque more without force induction.
I imagine a 175-180hp rabbit would be a fun bugger to drive.
Plus, who doesn't like a little customization of their car..?

#6 ·
[/quote]

no offense, but if you intended to do this to your car from the start, why didn't you just get a GTI???

s3aturnr[/quote]

The GTI is a great car, but I know in my case a GTI trimmed out like my car would be nearly 25 grand, around 6 grand more than I paid for the rabbit. If spending <$1000 can free up a few horses...why not? It would still be much cheaper than the GTI while still enjoying regular unleaded and possibly lower insurance rates. It still wouldn't match the GTI but Rabbitkid714 didn't say that's what they were trying to do.

There are people with GTIs looking for ways to mod their car, will you ask why they didn't buy an Audi S4 or something? My friend has a GTO and he wants a supercharger for his car, may as well ask why he didn't buy a Z06. It's all the same, they bought the car they wanted. And they want to play with it.

#7 ·
dazekiel said:
The GTI is a great car, but I know in my case a GTI trimmed out like my car would be nearly 25 grand, around 6 grand more than I paid for the rabbit. If spending <$1000 can free up a few horses...why not? It would still be much cheaper than the GTI while still enjoying regular unleaded and possibly lower insurance rates. It still wouldn't match the GTI but Rabbitkid714 didn't say that's what they were trying to do.

There are people with GTIs looking for ways to mod their car, will you ask why they didn't buy an Audi S4 or something? My friend has a GTO and he wants a supercharger for his car, may as well ask why he didn't buy a Z06. It's all the same, they bought the car they wanted. And they want to play with it.
hey, i hope i didn't offend. all i meant was that most people get a lower-powered model and then spend almost as much (sometimes more) as the cost of the premium model to get better performance.

when you start talking about a new body style altogether, NOW i understand why you got what you got. i got what i got because i like the body style. i don't want the s4 (well, i do, but that's not really what i meant), i wanted the rabbit body style.

my point, i guess, is this: you're gonna get the exhaust (about $600 or so, just for the sake of argument here), then it's wheels and tires (from experience i know that it's easily $1100, maybe as high as $2000), then it's a short shifter, then it's an intake and after awhile, you spent that $6000 difference between the rabbit and the GTI.

hey, but i'll never (at least i'll try REALLY hard not to) rag on someone for their vehicle selection. i think the rabbit is a fine choice.

maybe i'm just thinking too far ahead?

on a side note; i've raced against a GTO with a supercharger and they can't hang with my saturn (at least not in autocross or road-course events). z06 is a little harder to keep up with, but i think i'm at about a 40% win ratio against them (it all depends on who's driving). not too many rear wheel drive or all wheel drive cars can beat me now and pretty much nothing on street tires is faster. with proper tuning (mostly suspension tuning), the rabbit could be the same way, tho. the only thing that might hinder it is that it's kinda tall (proportionately speaking), but that's it. with the electronic limited slip diff, it could be a MONSTER in H-stock...

s3aturnr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.