Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
18K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hareraiser 
#1 ·
I've been quoted $480 for the 40K service, but DBC can supply me with all I need for a DIY job for $130. I've done work on cars more complicated than anything the draining or replacements specified for this service. With about 8K miles of basic warranty remaining, and the car throwing a code for "EGR Very Small Leak," for which a service visit is scheduled, I'm concerned that DIY will give VW justification to deny a warranty service claim. All the other regularly scheduled service, with the exception of routine oil changes, which I do, have been performed at the dealership.

Will dealerships honor a request for an inspection-only 40K service, and sign-off on DIY for all the fluids, filters, and plugs, if I can document the use of OEM replacements? Heck, I put better oil in my Rabbit than the local dealer uses (Castrol Syntec 5W-40 to their 5W-30). I thought I'd ask this of the membership before I call a few dealers. I'd rather not hear the guy ROTFLHAO, followed by "No."

#3 ·
I have had a lot of warranty work done on my car and they have never once questioned my service record. I did a 10k service once or twice at the dealer the rest was oil changes. Dealers around here do not question your service record, usually. They just perform the work if there is an evident problem.

#4 ·
do the service yourself.. if you are in north nj and need a hand w the labor shoot me a pm and we can set something up. i've done mine. did work on my bro's audi as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.