QUESTION Fuel Pump Problem on 2004 Jetta 1.8T
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Pump Problem on 2004 Jetta 1.8T

New Member nojackinc is a jewel in the rough nojackinc's Avatar
    Thanks

Fuel Pump Problem on 2004 Jetta 1.8T

My engine was running a bit rough some times a little jerk when I got around 2,900 RPMS. I replaced the spark plugs in it and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Recently though, My engine occasionally cuts out, stops running, like it's out of gas. This lasts for a few seconds then the engine comes back on. I am thinking it is either a problem with the coil packs or the fuel pump. What is the likeliest problem? If it's the fuel pump is this something that I could do myself, I'm a student so I'm always trying to save a buck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fuel Pump Problem on 2004 Jetta 1.8T

Could possibly be a crankshaft speed sensor. Also known as an impulse sensor. They are common to fail in the 1.8T and 2.0 engines. Check fault codes using vag com and NOT autozone or a generic scanner. sporadic faults do NOT show up on these scanners. Vag com will show you if there is a malfunction for the crank sensor.

On your engine it's a little bit of a pain to get to. Remove the two 10mm nuts holding the pipe near the dipstick tube. Use two 5mm allens and remove the screws from the manifold. remove the whole vacuum assy out of the way. Now you can see the gray wire for the engine speed sensor. Use a 10mm socket and remove the sensor. Lemme know if that fixes it.

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

New Member nojackinc is a jewel in the rough nojackinc's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, I'm going to see if I can find someone who has one. If not I'm going to see if I can buy one, are there any specific models/ types to look for?

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

www.ross-tech.com get the hex can usb cable. Visit the vag com forum here and do a vag com locater search for ppl who have it in your area.

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video