how to get your over draft fees back from td bank(those bastards) possibly others
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to get your over draft fees back from td bank(those bastards) possibly others

Guru Member b.a. is a glorious beacon of light b.a.'s Avatar
    Thanks

how to get your over draft fees back from td bank(those bastards) possibly others

so the other day i payed a credit card bill and only had like 10 bux left in my checking. i was going to transfer money from my savings but then was like wait i'm going to deposit a check tomorrow i'll just wait, because as we all know once money makes it out of your savings it doesn't usually make it back.

so i check my balance and see that my $15 for m zune net subscription went through and over drafted by 5 bux. they then proceeded to charge me $35 in over draft fees and then another $35 in over draft fees for over drafting my account with the original overdraft fees.

needless to say i was pissed 5 bux in overdrafting turned into $75 bux. so i went to the bank and the head teller told me what to do.

you call the customer service number and tell them that when you went to the bank no one was there to refund the fees. and as long as you havent had any fees refunded recently bang you get them back that easy.
    R.I.P.-08 CW 5 spd, black emblems, bsh cai. pioneer dvd, alpine amp, 2 kicker subs. bfi stage 1 trans mount. tdi porto wheels, fk silverlines. no rear seats fog lights waiting to be installed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how to get your over draft fees back from td bank(those bastards) possibly others

My account with TD bank cannot get charged with overdraft fees. I have no fees really....ever. Not sure what's up with yours. If you make the effort to call i've heard people get their money back. how long have you been with them?

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

So Sofistikated DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how to get your over draft fees back from td bank(those bastards) possibly others

If you dont sign up for the protection you get charged....if you sign up for the protection there is still a fee, idc what bank you have, read your documentation. Now the only exception to this is usually premiere banking customers, which usualyl means your combined balance is 15k>. When you dont have the protection, someone has to physically move money in your account, thats what that charge is for. When you sign up for the overdraft program there is still a small fee associated with automatically transfering the money.
    Last edited by DonJuan1Jr; 02-04-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    CTS Turbo | GOAPR | .doTuning | INA | IE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitroscope8 View Post
    My account with TD bank cannot get charged with overdraft fees. I have no fees really....ever. Not sure what's up with yours. If you make the effort to call i've heard people get their money back. how long have you been with them?
    i started with commerce in like 05 i think. this issue has only presented its self since td bank took over. they have "overdraft protection" which means you can overdraft your account up to $400 but they are going to hit you with as many overdraft fees as they feel like. i've sine stopped this "overdraft protection" since i don't pay bills normally unless there is money in my account. and any thing i have billed automatically like zune net is billed to my visa debit which if it doesn't go through they will just cancel my subscription. seems alot of people are having issues with tdbank since they took over commerce. I never had any trouble with commerce and i have a few issues with td since they took over.
    R.I.P.-08 CW 5 spd, black emblems, bsh cai. pioneer dvd, alpine amp, 2 kicker subs. bfi stage 1 trans mount. tdi porto wheels, fk silverlines. no rear seats fog lights waiting to be installed.

Quite.
    djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had this happen to me a few times at Wachovia... just say you must've not been keeping an eye on your account, or something hit that you didn't expect to (find something bigger that hit within the last few days), and that it sucks that you thought the money was in there but got hit with an OD fee each time. We've been with them for a while, so they usually take the charges off right away due to our "long standing customer" status. Now I always try to keep a buffer of at least 1k in my account, just in case.
    4 wheels:
    14 Fiesta ST / 93 525i
    2 wheels:
    03 CBR954RR / 05 Buell Blast

So Sofistikated DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr has a reputation beyond repute DonJuan1Jr's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive never had an issue, but when dealing with banks and credit cards, just threaten to move your account to another company. Voila, you get what you want.

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

I will agree things got hairy when TD took over commerce. Seems like many things got straightened out within a few months of the takeover. Mike, I tried that with Capital one credit card. I hardly used it and I had a really low limit. I also had a really low interest rate. Then many months ago I got a letter stating my apr was going to rise to 35%. WTF???!!! I called them to tell them I don't accept this and within 20 seconds they said they closed my acct. Uhh, ok. So much for trying to keep me. anyway, about a month later I got another statement from them with the new rate. I called and gave them a piece of my mind....

This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitroscope8 View Post
    I will agree things got hairy when TD took over commerce. Seems like many things got straightened out within a few months of the takeover. Mike, I tried that with Capital one credit card. I hardly used it and I had a really low limit. I also had a really low interest rate. Then many months ago I got a letter stating my apr was going to rise to 35%. WTF???!!! I called them to tell them I don't accept this and within 20 seconds they said they closed my acct. Uhh, ok. So much for trying to keep me. anyway, about a month later I got another statement from them with the new rate. I called and gave them a piece of my mind....
    I actually hate capital one bank, especially their credit division. All these companies seem to think theres no viable option out there for you to move to. I get pre approved cards everyday at my house. This same thing happened to me too moose, and it really pisses me off when i have a great score with perfect history for them to say were raising your rate. The rate is supposed to be the risk they take for letting you use their money. My score is great/history, so im low risk, meaning lower rate. But this is theory, and thats gone down the tubes. I also calculated that by the time im 65, SS wont be in effect anymore or wont be worth sh!t in a handbag. By then ill need a mill to retire. Now you need at least 400k. Putting money in a savings acct or a bond for my whole life isnt gunna cut it..

i need a wheelman and a couple of guns...moose u fit that bill.

Topless Moderator
    kitty is a splendid one to behold kitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan1Jr View Post
    I also calculated that by the time im 65, SS wont be in effect anymore or wont be worth sh!t in a handbag. By then ill need a mill to retire. Now you need at least 400k. Putting money in a savings acct or a bond for my whole life isnt gunna cut it..
    actually according to mr. investments chad, right now two people around our age will need a total of $3 million at the time of retirement in order to live.
    i'm outdoorsy in that i like getting drunk on patios.

I'm broke
    Thanks

Looks like i'll be working on dubs until i'm dead. I'm saving about as much as I possibily can.

VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    actually according to mr. investments chad, right now two people around our age will need a total of $3 million at the time of retirement in order to live.
    You know whats funny now that i think about it, thats like what i got, my million was actually for a guy i know thats 52....

Thanks

i'm down for some bank robin.... but yeah i'm pretty sure my sister had a capitol one credit card, they sent her a letter one day and said oh btw we're closing your account. she never had a late payment and has decent credit. its since our current president has decided to pass all this reform b.s.. i'm not saying its a bad thing but the banks are all acting crazy since.

+ Reply to Thread