I just purchased a US 2009 Tiguan. This one has the "newer" RNS-510 navigation system. (Phone button in lower left corner vs. mute button) I have a few questions that I wanted to see if anyone could help me with.
1. I had no problems getting the bluetooth to work with my iPhone. However, the phone only shows on the screen with all of the regular options. My friend just purchased a new CC and it operates the same way, but he can access his phone book from the little menu on the dashboard. I cannot get mine to do that.
2. Does anyone know how to check the firmware and see what firmware number i have?
3. The manual does not give any instructions on operating the voice dialing using the star button on the steering wheel. Does anyone know how this works or needs to be set up? Also, does this only work for the phone or can it control the navigation as well?
4. On the RNS-510, the options for adjusting the display are to do with the brightness. Is there any way to adjust colors? Once again, my friend has a new CC and his system colors look a little different than mine and I like his look better. More reds than grays.
5. When adding MP3 files to the HDD, I cannot figure out something. If I insert a CD with MP3 files or a SD card with MP3 files, all of the music goes into a whole new folder on the HDD. (copying the entire CD or CD card) If I only choose one song and copy it, it will then go to the actual folder of my choosing. I want one folder with all of my music in alphabetical order. If I copy a CD, it makes a new folder within my chosen folder. Does anyone else have a problem with this? Is there something I am not doing right?
Thank you for reading and any comments would be greatly appreciated.