Turning on the Fog lights
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turning on the Fog lights

Junior Member logik001 is on a distinguished road logik001's Avatar
    Thanks

Turning on the Fog lights

I noticed that when I turn my lighting system the fog lights don't come on with them. I thought perhaps if I put the high beams on they would turn on but they didn't.

How do you control the fog lights for the Tiguan?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Guru Member NZTIGUAN has much to be proud of NZTIGUAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by logik001 View Post
    I noticed that when I turn my lighting system the fog lights don't come on with them. I thought perhaps if I put the high beams on they would turn on but they didn't.

How do you control the fog lights for the Tiguan?
    Doesn't anybody here know how to read !!!!!!!!!!!!! (the darn instruction manual for the car is the biggest and best I've ever seen for crying out loud !!!)

Oh well, I guess if they did all read the damn instructions I wouldn't have anything to moan about or write about !!!!

For a start WHY would you expect the fog lights to come on with the headlights ???? they're not headlights they're for FOG duh !!!! not blinding every poor sucker coming the other way or frying the eyes of the poor guy behind if you have rear fogs.

Second thing is that the lighting system and switching varies all over the world and I have no idea where you are (I suspect NA !!!???).

All I can really tell you is what's done here and in europe and Ausi but I'm not CERTAIN yours will be the same. Basically when you have the headlights "ON" you pull the switch "out" one click for the front fogs and two clicks for front and rear (it may actually be the other way round, I'm not certain cos I installed my front fogs myself and I only have one "out" position that turns on both).

If you find that your switch doesn't pull out I guess you'll have to revert to plan A = if all else fails read the instructions.

Hey, no nastiness meant by any of this, just having some fun at your expense I'm afraid, I'm not known as the GOM (Grumpy Old Man) for nothing you know

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    New Zealand
    www.alexandra.co.nz
    On my second Tiguan, 2013, TDi, Night Blue, Park Assist 2, RCD510, Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights, fogs, tow pack.

Junior Member hookem99 is on a distinguished road hookem99's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ahhh You beat me to it......... The owners book is your friend....
    2009 Tiguan SEL
    Reflex Silver
    Black Leather
    Sunroof
    Navigation

Member TXTiguan is on a distinguished road TXTiguan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Acutally, the manual says to pull the headlight switch out when you have the headlights on. That turns on the fog lights with the headlights. And the fog light indicator turns from red to green. And it has to be done with the key in the ON position, or the ignition started, in order for the lights to come on. I tested it this morning because I was curous how they came on. ;-)

TXTiguan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTiguan View Post
    Acutally, the manual says to pull the headlight switch out when you have the headlights on. That turns on the fog lights with the headlights. And the fog light indicator turns from red to green. And it has to be done with the key in the ON position, or the ignition started, in order for the lights to come on. I tested it this morning because I was curous how they came on. ;-)

TXTiguan
    My Texan was slipping through. The word should be 'Actually'

Junior Member logik001 is on a distinguished road logik001's Avatar
    Thanks
    LOL, no worries NZ, I actually kind of deserve it seeing as though I am going the lazy route and asking questions instead of pulling out my booklet.

To my defense though I left the owners manual at my parents house and haven't gone by to pick it back up yet, hence all the questions here. I will probably get it next week, so in the meanwhile be prepared for a lot of questions that are in the manual, and I'll prepare myself for people to think 'good grief, what's wrong with this guy'.

I'm in Toronto Canada btw, I will change my avatar to make it obvious from now on.

Guru Member NZTIGUAN has much to be proud of NZTIGUAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by logik001 View Post
    LOL, no worries NZ, I actually kind of deserve it seeing as though I am going the lazy route and asking questions instead of pulling out my booklet.

To my defense though I left the owners manual at my parents house and haven't gone by to pick it back up yet, hence all the questions here. I will probably get it next week, so in the meanwhile be prepared for a lot of questions that are in the manual, and I'll prepare myself for people to think 'good grief, what's wrong with this guy'.

I'm in Toronto Canada btw, I will change my avatar to make it obvious from now on.
    Not a bad excuse I'd rate it at least 8 out of 10 , right up there with my dog ate it .

I assume you guys just have front fogs ? as the USA Tigs don't have the rear fitted ? In NZ we get the rear fitted standard with one pull out on the switch to turn it on but mine came without front fogs, so I fitted them myself and powered them off a relay from the rear fog switch, so one pull on the switch turns on my front AND rear fogs and mine shows up with a warning lamp in the rev counter instead of on the switch.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    New Zealand
    www.alexandra.co.nz
    On my second Tiguan, 2013, TDi, Night Blue, Park Assist 2, RCD510, Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights, fogs, tow pack.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTIGUAN View Post
    Not a bad excuse I'd rate it at least 8 out of 10 , right up there with my dog ate it .

I assume you guys just have front fogs ? as the USA Tigs don't have the rear fitted ? ...

Cheers
    I guess we'd call those tailgator lights, to turn on when some klutz is tailgating you. We used to do that to our pickup trucks back in the seventies. Couple of lights instantly clicking on at the back of the vehicle would usually make the tailgator back off. Unless you p*ssed him off, in which case he'd try to run you off the road. But that was another era. Now, they just blast you with a 9 mm as they cruise by you. just my .02 cents worth

TXTiguan

+ Reply to Thread