Tiguan's Audio System
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiguan's Audio System

New Member stacy1215 is on a distinguished road stacy1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Tiguan's Audio System

I purchased a Tiguan SE model about three months ago. Does anyone know how use the car audio system (factory installed) to play music via your Iphone? I was under the impression that I could purchase a adapter cable and plug -n- pay your Iphone into the front seat center armrest/console's auxiliary jack. No music comes through my car audio system and my owner's manual lacks any details on the car audio system.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Guru Member NZTIGUAN has much to be proud of NZTIGUAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stacy1215 View Post
    I purchased a Tiguan SE model about three months ago. Does anyone know how use the car audio system (factory installed) to play music via your Iphone? I was under the impression that I could purchase a adapter cable and plug -n- pay your Iphone into the front seat center armrest/console's auxiliary jack. No music comes through my car audio system and my owner's manual lacks any details on the car audio system.

Thanks
    Depends on what model radio you've got, on the RCD510 that I have you have to go in by pressing the "media" button, then selecting "aux" (I think that's what it's called, don't use it personally, I use the SD card). Are you certain you don't have a radio manual ?? mines in the very back of the car manual.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    New Zealand
    www.alexandra.co.nz
    On my second Tiguan, 2013, TDi, Night Blue, Park Assist 2, RCD510, Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights, fogs, tow pack.

New Member stacy1215 is on a distinguished road stacy1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Car Audio System

Hi NZTiguan

Thanks for your reply. Well I consider myself tech-challenged but attempted to figure out the problem. I looked through my owner's manual but it did not contain the booklet on the audio and/or navigation system. I don't know the model of my audio system. On my list of factory installed equipment, it just states "in dash 6-CD changer with MP3 format capability" I even had my nephew who is pretty good with gadgets, computers, etc. and he thinks I'm missing info on my audio system too. I think I may have ask my salesman as he was the one who pointed out the auxiliary jack in the front seat center console.

Is the Tig in NZ the same as the one that is sold is the U.S.?

Guru Member NZTIGUAN has much to be proud of NZTIGUAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi NZTiguan

Thanks for your reply. Well I consider myself tech-challenged but attempted to figure out the problem. I looked through my owner's manual but it did not contain the booklet on the audio and/or navigation system. I don't know the model of my audio system. On my list of factory installed equipment, it just states "in dash 6-CD changer with MP3 format capability" I even had my nephew who is pretty good with gadgets, computers, etc. and he thinks I'm missing info on my audio system too. I think I may have ask my salesman as he was the one who pointed out the auxiliary jack in the front seat center console.

Is the Tig in NZ the same as the one that is sold is the U.S.?
    The NZ Tiguan is the same basic car but we have diesel power, off-road pack and some other differences. The RCD510 "sounds" the same as yours, has a 6 disc in-dash changer and the aux "in" in the front console. If you have a touch screen with 3 buttons each side of it look for a button that says "media" or something similar, when you press that it comes up with an onscreen menu that then allows you to "select" the aux input to play whatever is plugged in there. You can't see the ipod or whatever's menu only play it through the stereo. Hope this is some help.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    New Zealand
    www.alexandra.co.nz
    On my second Tiguan, 2013, TDi, Night Blue, Park Assist 2, RCD510, Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights, fogs, tow pack.

New Member meronamkeithho is on a distinguished road meronamkeithho's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the problem is the iPhone

I had the same problem with my iPhone on my home stereo as well as my SE model Tiguan. Try using a regular iPod as this works both at home and in the car. If you hit the "CD" button it plays as an auxilary device. I think the problem is with the iPhone.

In my owner's manual there's a section on the audio system in the back but it's labeled "Premium Audio System" for SEL and Passat models. There isn't any info. on iPods.

New Member tiguchan is on a distinguished road tiguchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Hi Stacy,

It should work if you hit the "CD" button TWICE. The display should read "AUX". This is what my dealer explained to me and it works with the wife's Ipod!!

Take care,

Tiguchan

New Member west1 is on a distinguished road west1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi stacey

Do you have the phone system installed?

There have been talks on other forums that the wiring on rear of the audio unit has become disturbed during fittment of the bluetooth phone system and this prevents the sound of the ipod coming through.

Just a thought?

west 1

New Member Bluefonze is on a distinguished road Bluefonze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi Stacey, which version iPhone do you have? remember the version 1 iPhones have the resessed jack plug insert which prevents you from using standard jack plugs, the iPhone 3G has a standard jack, hope this helps.

New Member tiguwhat??? is on a distinguished road tiguwhat???'s Avatar
    Thanks

How do I play my IPOD with the NAV system??

Can anyone help me figure out if I can use the media in usb port to hook up my ipod, or do I need to buy an aux cable?

New Member willywil548 is on a distinguished road willywil548's Avatar
    Thanks
    You have to hit the cd button once to get to the CD interface, hit it again to get to the AUX interface. I had the same question when I first bought my Tiguan. Good listening to you.

New Member ritchotte@gmail.com is on a distinguished road ritchotte@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Both 1st and second gen iPhones will work using the aux in line (in the center console). You don;t have control over the iPhone from the radio or steering wheel controls, but the sound is great (hit CD button twice as stated)!!

New Member Bluefonze is on a distinguished road Bluefonze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Both 1st and 2nd generation phones will work but the 1st gen had a narrow resessed jack port so that Apple could rip people off with expensive headphones, this means that you either need an adaptor to go onto a regular jack plug or would have to source a jack lead with the narrow neck on it.

Junior Member JettaGirl79 is on a distinguished road JettaGirl79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sounds like a pain. Hope you are able to get it figured out soon. My ipod is pretty much the only thing I listen to in my tig so I do get your frustration. Unfortunately I can't give any good suggestions. I have a pioneer ipod module in my glovebox so I just literally plug and play.

New Member kevinh is on a distinguished road kevinh's Avatar
    Thanks
    hitting the CD button twice works, I just tried it. I used a sandisk MP3 player, so I am guessing anything works when you get an AUX cable and just hook it up. Hope it works for you!

+ Reply to Thread