Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
45K views 74 replies 38 participants last post by  4mytiquan 
G
#1 ·
If anyone is having problems with their purchase, let me know and I'll try to help.
-ken

#53 ·
Bluetooth VOLK-L question

Hi there,

You may have read my forum post titled "What you should know about Tiguan Nav/iPod Connectivity" posted earlier in the forum. I just returned from my dealer and found out they wanted to install the VOLK-L option Bluetooth, which has been referred to as "low" bluetooth elsewhere in this forum. Per my understanding this VOLK-L module will allow bluetooth pairing, but not the ability to initiate or receive calls and control this through the navigation. Could you confirm my understanding?

My dealer has never installed this module into a Tiguan, so they have no idea what they're doing. I want to make sure I get the full functionality of the bluetooth module. Any information is greatly appreciated. Also, if there's a direct phone number for VW on these issues, I'd appreciate any direction on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best.

#54 ·
Hi there,

You may have read my forum post titled "What you should know about Tiguan Nav/iPod Connectivity" posted earlier in the forum. I just returned from my dealer and found out they wanted to install the VOLK-L option Bluetooth, which has been referred to as "low" bluetooth elsewhere in this forum. Per my understanding this VOLK-L module will allow bluetooth pairing, but not the ability to initiate or receive calls and control this through the navigation. Could you confirm my understanding?

My dealer has never installed this module into a Tiguan, so they have no idea what they're doing. I want to make sure I get the full functionality of the bluetooth module. Any information is greatly appreciated. Also, if there's a direct phone number for VW on these issues, I'd appreciate any direction on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best.
People may be able to help if they had some idea of where you are, even what country you're in would help. There are members here from all over the world.

Cheers

#55 ·
Clarifying geographic location

NZTiguan et. al,

My apologies for the limited information. I'll look at my profile and make sure it's more complete. I purchased my 2009 Tiguan SE in Des Moines, Iowa USA. This is my current location.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#58 ·
Hi

My Tig has 8 mounths old and i'm very disapointing with it... mechanically speaking

It has 20000 kms and i've a big list (at least for me) of problems :eek::

1 - The Lambda Probe - Yellow Light
2 - Refrigeration Liquid Consuptiom - Red Light
3 - Oil Consuptiom (1,5 litre) - Red Light
4 - Clutch Bleeder Collapse - Red Light

I believe it's over... I must believe it... was too much expensive to not believe it...:mad:

But I've got something to say - from the bottom of my... mind ... I won't get two more problems with this vehicle...:rolleyes: (Know what i mean...)

best of luck

#59 ·
Daytime Running Light (DRL) vs Low Beam

I have a Tiguan Highline (Canadian model) with Bi-Xenon headlamp. I'm just wondering if the DRL is the same as the Low Beam. Whether I switch the knob to the 0, Auto, or Low Beam position, they're all the same. Is this normal?

#61 ·
Cruise Control - In some cases does not work at all

Hello,
I have a problem with the cruise control. Some times I cannot get it work at all. When I restart the engine then it works fine. That happened lets say 1 every 20 time I use it. I cantacted the local service provider and they said that they don't see any error on the system. Lately they have replaced the switch but still have the same problem. Any ideas what might coused the problem? Will appreciate a lot any help.
-Manual gear box 1400cc off road version- Thanks

#62 ·
I got my Tiguan in april 2009, no problem since last week (18 weeks later)!
The sound from the audio system quit working, no warning or should I say ... no sign of any kind of what was comming! Went to the dealer ... conclusion they replace the radio (BTW it's the highline radio with SAT and GPS) .What made me mad it's all the data cumulated (GPS, MP3) through April was lost, no data retreival is possible!
Does anyone had this problem with the high line radio SAT and GPS?
Just yesterday I had a black out again with the sound but this time when I stopped the car for a while it came back "miraculiously" Now I'm at the edge of wondering what could be install instead of this "Outsourcing soundsystem" And does someone know who make this radio (I'm from Canada) ?

Mechanic wise nothing to say, this is a pleasure to drive, and even more when I kick down the hell out of it (Everybody who get a ride are very impress with the power of this Tiguan)

#63 ·
You have to remember that the RNS510 has a 30gig hard drive in it so it's effectively a computer. If something goes wrong and you lose that hard-drive then you're going to lose the data that's on it unfortunately. I would have thought though that a computer tech "might" be able to strip that data off the old drive and get it loaded into the new BUT it probably isn't worth the effort. Guess it's like anything else that's computerised, if it's important you really need to maintain some form of backup !! Sorry to hear it's gone down on you though, it's the first I've heard of with this major a fault.

#64 ·
I have the same clunking, knocking, slapping noise that the others are having with their transmissions. It has progressively gotten louder... I'm going to take it to a VW delaer but I have a feeling they will just pass it off as normal sounds. Having worked on cars my whole life, I can tell you that this sound is not a "good" or "normal" sound that a car should be making. Something isn't right somewhere. My fear is that it won't break until the warranty runs out...

#65 ·
Hi, friends, I just drive my tiguan to home last week. Everything is fine but just hv a question here: How come there always got some noises from the suspension I suppose, when I press the brake a bit deep to stop the car before traffic light. Also the sounds will come out once I let go brake. Funny thing is that the sound will last longer if I relase the brake slowly.

The noise never come out as I put the gear to N position and stop the car. Is it a normal case or I hv to go back to dealer workshop to settle it?
Thx for your guys helping

#66 ·
Adaptive Headlight Warning & Lights not turning

Hello Everyone,

It's hard to believe I've had my Tiguan for almost a year now. Overall I love it and have had only minor problems. I was warned that the more feature-rich a car, the more tempermental they can be. Well, yesterday I turned on the ignition. As it was getting dark the auto-headlights turned on. And as I took my first turn, the "Adaptive Headlight Failure Warning light came on." Thinking it might be a fluke, I turned off the ignition and restarted the car. At first all was well, but a few blocks later it came on again. I also noticed that as I turned the wheel, the lights did not turn as they usually do. I'll be taking the car in in two days to have it serviced. At my 10,000 mile service one of the bulbs had burned out. I have no idea if this is related or not.

I've never enjoyed driving a car more than this one and honestly feel like a kid in a candy store every time I drive (even if I'm going to work) but there have been a few little annoyances like this one. A check-engine light going off, which couldn't be re-produced, the hatch lock freezing up due to washer-fluid leaking, and the sunroof moaning in hot weather. I never miss my old Honda that this replaced. But I do miss the fact that I've had more little pesky things pop-up with this in the 11 months I've owned it than 13 years with my old CRV. Of course the CRV was bare-bones and you had to turn the AC off to pass on the highway. I'm very glad that I bought the extended waranty as it seems likely that, as I keep my cars a long time, I'll break even on it eventually.

#67 ·
Hello everyone,

My manual transmission has developed a slow leak which was discovered during the 10,000 mile service. The mechanic found oil leaking from an unused threaded bolt hole. The parts will have to be ordered from Germany but the good news is that I can still drive the car since it is a relatively slow leak. They will have to perform a cost analysis for repair versus replacement of the transmission since it is a lot more complicated than just replacing the case. Personally, I'm hoping for a completely new transmission.

#68 ·
Took the car in to the dealer today. There is a service bulletin out for the problem with the headlights. I will update the post when I have the details, but I think they said that the replaced the light "corning?" not sure if I heard that correctly

#69 ·
HELP!!! Park assist BEENDET!! TIGUAN 1.4 TSI

Hi, I have a problem with the Tiguan 1.4 TSI-I mentioned the steering gear of the 5N1 and this number was originally in my car, and Park Assist does not work. When you want to let include Park Assist by-PARK ASSIST beendet. Help! Can it be the fact that The steering gear is not the only Tiguan Passat CC?:confused::(

#73 ·
Re: Didn't start

One thing I have noticed with my Tiguan"Stella" is that the shifter is not as "tight as you would expect for an automatic vehicle. I know this may seem silly, but I noticed that I have to make sure I am in the gear I want on the automatic transmission. Now, mind you it could be I am used to a manual, or it could be the fact that the electronic sensors are soo sensitive.
I have my Tiguan for almost 3000 miles and am very pleased with her. But she teaches me things. Too funny, this car does seem to have a large brain. I really enjoy her though.
Just a thought!

#74 ·

"Many large brains" actually lol. They all work together to purposely confuse drivers and mechanics alike!

#75 ·

really let down by my tiquan. purchased 2 months ago(2010 wolfsburg) and has been in and out of the shop multiple times. well now its going back again for the water pump noise. this will be the 4th pump needed.i just think that 4 pumps is ridiculous for a vehicle with 36k on it.we changed the dealership we originally used because of distance and hope the techs at this one can come to a conclusion.this is my 3rd vwoa case.the vehicle went back and stood at vw almost 2 weeks a day after purchased and a reg rep came out to diagnose. the issue then was something with the cam timing mech and they changed a bunch of stuff in the head including the cam.that's fixed and now 3 water pumps down. they all develop the high pitched sound that is re leaved by taking the overflow cap off. srry for the rant but im so fed up and being that's its my wife's vehicle for my kids i see red. thx all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.