Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
45K views 74 replies 38 participants last post by  4mytiquan 
G
#1 ·
If anyone is having problems with their purchase, let me know and I'll try to help.
-ken

#2 ·
Auto Hold

Hello!

I am NEW Tiguan owner, bought the 2.0TSi, 147kw petrol engine. Now driven for 200km. Very impressed so far.

But has anyone encountered any cliches with "auto hold" on their Tiguan?
Yesterday I wasn't able to get it on?
I mean I left the house for shopping, tried to show my wife how the auto hold works, and that blimming button did not lid up???

Then we stopped for groceries and when heading towards home, Voila!! The button worked??

Strange?!

#3 ·
Hello!

I am NEW Tiguan owner, bought the 2.0TSi, 147kw petrol engine. Now driven for 200km. Very impressed so far.

But has anyone encountered any cliches with "auto hold" on their Tiguan?
Yesterday I wasn't able to get it on?
I mean I left the house for shopping, tried to show my wife how the auto hold works, and that blimming button did not lid up???

Then we stopped for groceries and when heading towards home, Voila!! The button worked??

Strange?!
Hard to say from what you're telling us. Did you have your seat belt on etc etc ?? have a good read of the instructions OK, last person who had a handbrake problem had a manual and wasn't depressing the clutch far enough to activate the release so there's lots of possibilities OK.

Cheers

#4 ·
Rear hatch release

For some reason the rear hatch release on our keys and inside the car (below the radio / in front of the gear shifter) doesn't seem to do anything. Should we at least hear a clicking sound?

If not will take by the dealer... just wasn't sure what I should be expecting.

#5 ·
Engine noise.

Hello,

I got a strange noise coming from the engine direction during acceleration. I can hear it at RPM over 2k at any time, speed and gear box mode (D, S or Tiptronic), except very slow acceleration. This noise is not too loud but noticeable and sounds like ththssss… It’s somewhat similar to a noise when there is a tiny hole at a pressured air or water pipe, flat tire for example.

Does anybody else encounter this noise? Any ideas what could be a reason?

#6 ·
Hello,

I got a strange noise coming from the engine direction during acceleration. I can hear it at RPM over 2k at any time, speed and gear box mode (D, S or Tiptronic), except very slow acceleration. This noise is not too loud but noticeable and sounds like ththssss… It’s somewhat similar to a noise when there is a tiny hole at a pressured air or water pipe, flat tire for example.

Does anybody else encounter this noise? Any ideas what could be a reason?
You sure it's not just the turbo sucking in air ?? so hissing "in" rather than "out" ??

Cheers

#7 ·
For some reason the rear hatch release on our keys and inside the car (below the radio / in front of the gear shifter) doesn't seem to do anything. Should we at least hear a clicking sound?

Only the NA cars have it so I don't know exactly BUT I would have thought you could just see if it had released the hatch or not ?? if it has then it works if not it doesn't ??

Cheers

#8 ·
Only the NA cars have it so I don't know exactly BUT I would have thought you could just see if it had released the hatch or not ?? if it has then it works if not it doesn't ??

Cheers
Just checked it out... turns out the button unlocks the hatch only, but doesn't pop it in any way. You can be inside the car, hit the button (while keeping your doors closed), and the hatch only will be unlocked. It's sorta useless, but at least I know now.

#10 ·
I don’t think so, it fluctuates (not solid) and not exists on neutral even when I press accelerator fast. Noise also appears when I drive uphill and try to keep constant speed (no acceleration, but load increase).
Hmmmmm sorry can't think of anything else that would hiss except maybe the main air intake but thats way up front so you shouldn't hear it. Not very helpful but I can say I can't hear it on my turbo diesel !!

Cheers

#12 ·
Hey there....

I've had my Tig for about 3 weeks now. After the first week, I started experiencing an issue with the radio system. I have narrowed it down to what I believe is the sat radio. Sometimes, after starting the car, the radio locks up. I still get music, but I am unable to change stations or adjust volume from radio or wheel. I get a 'linking' message at the top. I CAN however change to a FM band and all works fine. Nav system also works fine. I have yet to try music from the HD or SD card while it is happening. To correct this takes time. Usually 20-30 minutes of turning the system off and back on. It is starting to happen more frequnetly, so at least when I take it in, it might actually happen while there!

Thanks!!
HKM

Specs:
2009 Tiguan SEL
Reflex Silver
Black Leather
Sunroof
Nav System/camera

#13 ·
4Motion -2

I have a SE 4Motion and yesterday my AWD drive shaft came loose during driving.

Obvously, I am pissed about this. not even 1000 miles on the odometer.

Had to have it flatbedded to the dealership. Car is currently in the shop waiting for a new drive shaft (the one that runs from the transmission case to the rear axle) because aparently it is now bent.

(edited) Parts not yet in, backorder... Got a much nicer rental car as a loander :) (edited)
(edited2) Car repaired and back with me as of 10/24, keeping track on a different, but eerily similar case (edited2)

Tiguchan

#15 ·
does anybody experience a "humming" sound when you turn your ignition on?
like somethings stuck?

sel 2.0t 4 motion
Yep there's all sorts of humming and clicking going on in mine, sounds quite robotic !!! think its all the electric steering and other motors "prepared for action".

Cheers

#16 ·
I am trying to figure out why my MP3 player doesn't work when I hook it up to the AUX jack in my centre console. Also, there is a button beside my ESP off and trunk release in the dash that I can't figure out what it does. It looks like the oil symbol but has a ! in the midde of it? Any ideas?

#17 ·
Also, there is a button beside my ESP off and trunk release in the dash that I can't figure out what it does. It looks like the oil symbol but has a ! in the midde of it? Any ideas?
Don't Worry NZTIGUAN, I got you covered on this one......;)

Kevinh, I am not sure what it does, but the owners book is your friend, you should be able to find the info in there. As for the MP3 player, there are a lot of complaints about iPod's and MP3 players not working well with the radio system in the Tig. It took me some time to find the right input to use, to get my iPhone to work with the AUX plug. Others have said that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesent. **** Luck!

#18 ·
Thanks Hookem appreciate it !!!

"Just in case" here's a pic of my set of buttons, is it the one on the left ? or the one next to that ? I'm not sure from the explanation but from left to right they're:

TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) reset, parking sensors off/on, park assist switch, off-road (obvious) and esp off (obvious). We don't have the trunk (boot or hatch) release and I don't think the NA Tigs with their TPMS in the valve stems (ours work off the ABS) have the TPMS reset, but hey as Hookem alludes to

"If all else fails read the instructions" (standard Kiwi saying that started with self-assembly furniture in the 1960s !!!!!!)

Cheers

#19 ·
I am trying to figure out why my MP3 player doesn't work when I hook it up to the AUX jack in my centre console. Also, there is a button beside my ESP off and trunk release in the dash that I can't figure out what it does. It looks like the oil symbol but has a ! in the midde of it? Any ideas?

Mysterious!! Where are you located?? Do you have a North American car?

TC

PS: Check the owner's manual though! ;)

#20 ·
Rear Hatch

You probably have figured this one out by now, but the rear hatch will not open automatically. The button on the IP and remote simply unlock the hatch so you can open it manually. You must hold the button on the remote for about one second to activate it.

#21 ·
Shift Timing

I currently own a 2008 GTI and a 2009 Tiguan (Both North American). Since I am used to the quick shift of the DSG in the GTI it seems like the Tiguan holds each gear way too long. Does anyone else feel this way? I think my City mpg would be much better if it shifted sooner into each gear. Of course I could shift on the tip tronic, but it gets old after a while.

#22 ·
I currently own a 2008 GTI and a 2009 Tiguan (Both North American). Since I am used to the quick shift of the DSG in the GTI it seems like the Tiguan holds each gear way too long. Does anyone else feel this way? I think my City mpg would be much better if it shifted sooner into each gear. Of course I could shift on the tip tronic, but it gets old after a while.
Personally I suspect it's set to the best possible for fuel consumption and if you go into "S" it shifts way way later so other than using the tip-tronic I can't see any way of shifting sooner. I suspect that if you tried that it actually wouldn't "accept" the shift until about the same point anyway ?? Guess you could ask if the whole system could be rest in some way but I doubt that's an option. Only other thing to remember is that it "learns" how you drive, so if you're driving "briskly" it will change up later etc, so perhaps you could try driving really quietly for q while and see if it moves the shift points back at all ??

Cheers

#25 ·
4Motion drivetrain clunk

Hi there,

After my AWD axle fell out from under the car a few months ago and was subsequently repaired, I started to notice some clunking noises during driving. Primarily when accelerating from a stop (or very low speed) on an incline. Like a parking ramp. Sometimes just after normal braking and take-off and accelerating too. The noise has been growing louder over time and by now driver and passenger can actually feel the clunk or *pop* at the feet.

Took the mechanic at my trusworthy VW dealer for a ride and let him experience the problem (by now I can replicate it 'on demand'). So my car stayed a day and a half and this morning I got the following news: This problem is a know problem with the Tig 4Motion and VW in Germany does not have a solution to the problem, but they are working on it. I can drive the car 'as normal' but for the time being it will keep on making the thumping noise under certain conditions. As soon as a fix is out (in about three months from now) I will have to go back in.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.