Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
81K views 247 replies 186 participants last post by  77RadWick 
G
#1 ·
Tell us a little about yourself....

#102 ·
Hi!

Hi everyone,
Greetings from Poland! My name is Maciek.

However I am still awaiting my Tiggy (6 more weeks), I would like to join the forum and be in touch with other users to share the experiences.
Mine will be Shadow Blue 2.0 TDI with Tiptronic. Can't wait to drive it:)

Regards!

#103 ·
I have a Tiguan 2009 highline (CDN) since beginning of April, not a glitch and very impress with it (Power and handling)

My choice was base on winter driving, my other choice were the CRV and the RDX. The CRV didn't pass the test of traction (Just check youtube, it's ovious!) The RDX great SUV but you don't have the feeling of the road and traction is not what the Tiguan give. (Thanks to the Haldex Gen#4)

My last SUV was a CRV 1997 (12 year old with 406,000km) I had a great time with it and trouble free (Total cost of repair maintenance $6k, and i'm mechanic!), but when a drove the Tiguan (200hp) they were no question anymore.

I was a Honda guy, in my earlier year my best friend had a VW Scirocco and that was a hell of a great car for handling. VW had caught my attention then, and now here I am with this Tiguan looking for 12 more happy year ... with power this time!

#105 ·
Hello my name is Xay. I reside in San Diego. I have had my Tiguan for about 2 months and have loved every second driving it. When I test drove the car, I knew it was the one for me. The other car I strongly considered was the Mercedes GLK 350. Also a nice drive but not as fun as the Tiguan.

#108 ·
On Order

Hello, Chewy here.
I have on order a 2.0TSI sport, cherry red, panoramic sunroof, black leather, sat nav, park assist, xenon's, cruise. Dont see many in Norfolk. Should get it by end of July maybe sooner! Will try to post pics.
Test drove the 2.0tdi auto, but wife wanted petrol manual. She's the boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#110 ·
Hello from Pittsburgh, PA. Potential new owners (within the next 1-2 weeks hopefully) of an '09 Tiguan SEL 4Motion in Sapphire Blue over Charcoal with Nav, Sunroof, and perhaps a trailer hitch mount thrown in by the dealer for bike racks, etc. Trading in wife's yellow '00 Beetle GLX with cold weather package at 140,000 miles. Can't wait for the Tig.

#112 ·
Hi everyone! Just picked up our Tiguan SE 2.0T 4motion yesterday. We got it in Reflex Silver with the charcoal interior, sunroof, tow hitch. Traded in the wife's 2004 2wd Ford Escape. Honestly, I can't say anything bad about the mechanicals in the Escape, it proved to be a reliable steed for several cross-country adventures. We looked at an '09 Escape but the build quality was shocking when comparing it to the Tig. This is our first VW and hopefully not our last.

#113 ·
New Owner of 6M Trendline

Hello to all, Picked up my new base model 'Trendline' in Ontario Monday and am very pleased so far. Going from a TDI 2005 Jetta to this is quite a change, but I must say this Tiguan is lots of fun! The 6M manual is a great match to this engine and I am a little concerned about getting speeding tickets !! just kidding...

#119 ·
Two Week Old White Trendline with 4 Motion

I have been driving Mazda and Honda exclusively since 1984, almost bought a Rav4 wanting to upgrade from compact to compact suv. After driving the Tiguan and its "classmates", there was no choice. This vehicle by far has more options, comfort, warranty, and room than any vehicle in its class. I was amazed at the convenience options standard in the base model, more than I ever imagined and more than any Japanese car maker has provided me in the past 25 years. I am 6ft 4in and long legged, and upgraded for two reasons. 1. roominess, I can finally drive in comfort without the steering wheel between my knees, secondly, I wanted a reliable vehicle to travel long distances, the 4motion, features and comfort allow this to happen. I have 1100 kms on it and will report back after a road trip. First fill I calculated 27 mpg, which was comprised mostly of city driving with air on. Love the ride, happy with the purchase!

#120 ·
HI! We are in Upstate NY and just bought our Tiguan a month ago. We had a 1994 Ford van that we used for long trips and decided to trade it in during Cash for Clunkers mania. We piled our two dogs and two teenagers into the Tig for a trip down to NC to break it in. The trip was comfortable for all of us and the car's performance is outstanding. This weekend we drove it up into the mountains and it kicked butt like no other vehicle we have owned on the inclines. I love to drive, so this was definitely the right vehicle choice in the CUV class for us.

#122 ·
One Week Old Silver 2009 SE with 4 Motion and Nav

Huntington, Long Island, New York. Love this car. Traded in a 2002 Honda CRV. Test drove both the new CRV and Tiguan - no comparison, the Tiguan's quality and styling is far superior. It was love at first sight and the more I drive it the better it gets. I am surprised I don't see more of these cars on the road on Long Island!

#123 ·
Harri from New York, USA just bought the Tiguan SEL w/ 4Motion, NAV, Panoram Roof. After digging around some more sites I saw that there were different models of the NAV, may or may not have Park Assist, and a few other discepancies. I'm thinking that different countries / regions have different features. Is there a central place where I can find out more info on my new vehicle that I haven't picked up yet? I started out looking for a hack to get video to play while the car was in motion and kind of stumbled into a massive question list which is ever increasing.

#124 ·
godharri I suggest you try and find your answers on the Vortex forum as it's very NA based and you should be able to get answers to your questions. I'm no help to you cos I'm from the other side of the World. By the way you're quite correct in suggesting that different areas get different options / standard features. For example what we get "standard" here in NZ isn't even "available" in NA (diesel with park assist etc etc).

Cheers

#125 ·
Yeah =( no park assist, but that's just to show off... I guess that's fine I park well enough. Just picked it up last night, pretty awesome. Comes with the RNS510... get this... has bluetooth audio... but no bluetooth for phone... bah humbug... Will see if I can get it installed for cheap. Also has the MDI equipped. I guess that's all ... Thanks... will try vortex, thanks for the guidance.

#126 ·
Are you SURE it has bluetooth audio ? Mine (RCD510 not RNS510) has the menu for it but it doesn't work !!

Cheers

PS: I'm a pretty good parallel parker myself BUT the park assist will put the Tig into spaces I wouldn't attempt !! It only needs 1.5m longer than the Tig and I believe the latest version has that down to 1m !! HAve a look at a space that size some time, you'll be amazed !!