Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
81K views 247 replies 186 participants last post by  77RadWick 
G
#1 ·
Tell us a little about yourself....

#240 ·
Hello all - John from Central Pennsylvania....

I'm a new VW convert, and thus far love it MINUS the issue with the oil pressure light Im having (see the Tiguan Tech Support Forum for my post). My brother in law is a huge VW fan and pushed me in the direction of this - and I couldn't be happier. Its definitely a learning curve for me, as Ive been mostly a domestic owner.

Outside of the VW, Im a collector of many geeky things. I look forward to learning all i can about the Tiguan and VW in general.

#241 ·
We are returning to VW after a few years absence. Last one was a 2014 Passat, which was a great road car. We are waiting for the arrival of our 2022 SEL R line Tiguan, due perhaps in a week or two. Looking forward to being back in a comfortable (seats in particular) road trip car. Leaving our 2020 Mazda CX5 due to front seats that turned out to be unbearable after the first hour of a trip. Other than the seats, it was a wonderful car. We really liked the feel and driveability of the Tiguan. They have really improved in the last few years since I last had one as a loaner from the dealer.

#242 ·
We are returning to VW after a few years absence. Last one was a 2014 Passat, which was a great road car. We are waiting for the arrival of our 2022 SEL R line Tiguan, due perhaps in a week or two. Looking forward to being back in a comfortable (seats in particular) road trip car. Leaving our 2020 Mazda CX5 due to front seats that turned out to be unbearable after the first hour of a trip. Other than the seats, it was a wonderful car. We really liked the feel and driveability of the Tiguan. They have really improved in the last few years since I last had one as a loaner from the dealer.

#244 ·
Back in 2013 got a VW Sportswagan diesel. When VW took it back moved to MB GLA. This week came back to VW and picked up a 2022 Tiguan SE R Black FWD. With the car market shortage in our area, I looked for the SEL R, but none could be found hundreds of miles away. After one day of enjoying the purchase hope the days to remain as enjoyable.

#245 ·
Own Tiguan R in Oct 22..
Also have a LC100 LandCruiser,being one of best cars I've owned,for reliability,practical wagon..
Love th Tiguan R for it's performance,& technology,as my LandCruiser is 21 yrs old,& dosent have any hi tech stuff.
Mind you in saying that,the Landcruiser practibility side,it's instruments with manual nobs,are far better than the Tiguan tech,as electronically ,all is touch screen..& you either,have To be like a pilot,& have a pre trip ,schedule list to set,or you fumble,touch switch controls,whilst driving .dangerous!

Tell us a little about yourself....

#246 ·
We are back to being VW owners once again. Nov of 22 we purchased an '23 Atlas Cross Sport and a few weeks ago I purchased a '23 Tiguan R-line black. Few upgrades coming very soon. This will be my daily driver in place of my 2014 Chevy Silverado. Kept the Chevy to use as our race hauler
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

#248 ·
I don't currently own a VW Tiguan I am attempting and am committed to a thermostat replacement on a 2010 FWD 2.0L Tiguan. There are several decent videos of a similar process on YouTube. However upon, seemingly having disconnected all electrical plugs and intake bolts. I have come to a halt as the intake is definitely hung up on something. I've got it off the block about 2". I could pry and crack it off with some pry bars but I don't really want to break nothing.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior Auto part