Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DocOctavius 
#1 ·
#4 ·
With having the highline module already, I found it quite easy. Easy considering the foglights were OEM and I didn't have to go through any trouble to mount the lights (ie, drill holes and find a spot to mount them not required).

Hardest part was getting under the dash to the module to attach the wires, but only because I'm not quite as flexible as I used to be.

But, I've probably installed various fog lights from scratch (usually old school square Bosch lights or Hella) on about 10 different cars over the years. So it all depends on how mechanical you are.

#8 ·
That looks right, but you probably want to call ecs to make sure it's Hella.

Yes you need a switch with the fog function. Definitely search the DIY or MOD Forum for two threads - One by nitroscopemooseman which I think is pinned and another that has a PDF attached detailing both methods of installing fogs (using high-line module or relay method) by geosomebody

#9 ·
geobob and mdonders did the 2 best walkthroughs, and ecstuning has a tutorial on their jetta foglight set that's the same as the rabbit, IDK why they don't link it on the page they sell the rabbit fogs on...

It was easy, I got the reflectors and they work fine. My gti headlight switch was from dj, :clap: Everything works great...
The cutoff is probably more crisp for the projectors, but they're a bit more expensive and I didn't care, the stock headlights are great and HID's are out of my price range ATM... plus I can use the same harness if I ever wanna upgrade. The main obstacle was just making sure the wires are out of the way, trying to make it look clean. There's plenty of info out there, just search around the DIY section and use a bit of google ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.