Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  b.a. 
#1 ·
I know these are not out yet, but I am getting a TDI this year. I have way too long of a drive and i want to limit my fill-ups to 1 time a week. Now, my dilemma: With my new job, i can finally afford an A3 TDI..barely!!...but I want to make sure I get a car that I will be happy with for a long time. I am not worried about the name on the car, as VW and Audi are the same company (engine, stock prices, etc.) I am looking for a fun, sporty , torque filled ride to work and home everyday. So, I guess what i am asking, is it really worth the extra 5K-8K for the Audi over the VW?

#2 ·
If you can barely afford the A3, I would say no... Save that 5-8k for maintenance.

#5 ·
I feel like the A3 is more of a wagon than a hatch-back. And I sat in one, essentially its just a cleaned up VW interior.
I don't think its worth the money and quite honestly, I see it as more of a family car than a sporty car.
Especially w/ the new Nav. touchscreen option and everything coming with the new Golfs/GTI's, I'd just go for one of those.

#6 ·
On the wagon note I don't think there is a 2 door version of the Audi available. Not sure if you're interested in the 2 or 4 door version. If it were me I'd probably just go with the VW for the lower price and because I like the styling better.

#7 ·
thanks for the input. I agree with the family wagon look...thing is, I have 2 kids i got to run to the bbsiter every morning...so 4 doors is a must have item. I will have to test drive both, but I am with you on getting the VW and using the extra money to get my "fun" car (used 2004-2006 BMW z4). Thanks again guys.

#11 ·
essentially they are thesame car. they both will have the same tdi engine so it really comes down to if you want to pay more for the rings on the grill or less for the vw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.