Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
11K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BoBo 
#1 ·
what u guys think. i have an 07 rabbit with intake, catback exhaust, test pipe, and giac chip on 93 oct. the 07 ser sentra is stock. how u think ill do? will it be close?

#4 ·
what about that vs a stock SE-R Spec V (200hp 6spd)

#5 ·
It will be a very close race. With your mods you have around 180 hp or so and the SER is around 170ish stock. You car is just a bit heavier than the SER but you have a bit more torque so I think you can take him if you drive well. Will be a close race but the rabbit should come out on top!

#7 ·
In that case, you lose... Unless they can't drive...

#10 ·
wait what if it's an 08+ rabbit with the same mods.. my buddy has a spec v ;0

#13 ·
... like nike... JUST DO IT...

and in case u do take a L at least you know what ur bunny can do...

.. and if you do go cams, you will have to go with the C2 programs, because the cam software is not compatable with any other software as of yet..

#14 ·
"Nothing less than some major internal motor work or a turbo is the only way youll beat a Spec V.

Sorry man, He got you easy. 50 more stock HP and a 6sp tranny"

Thats not true at all
I have an 07 rabbit 5 speed with just an intake in it
my buddy has a 07 sentra ser with an intake and headers 6 speed
Me and him have raced many times and off the line we are very close
but once i drop it into 3rd im gone
so no you dont need a turbo to win..
your car will deffenitly win

#15 ·
I agree you dont need major internal upgrades or a turbo, just need an intake mani and tune and you could take even a Spec V. The OP is talking about a Spec V tho not just a regular SER to the guy above.

#17 ·
My uncle has a Spec-V that he was going to sell to me before I got my '08 Rabbit. I'm glad he ended up not selling it to me, though because I love my Rabbit. I'm pretty sure that they would be pretty even in a race. I haven't really raced him, but there was one time we both just took off at a light and we were pretty even, but he ended up having to turn right at the next light (we worked at different places but on the same road), so we couldn't really say who's was faster. My Rabbit's stock, same as his Spec-V, except for an exhaust upgrade.

#18 ·
To the OP, your car should be able to take out a Spec V with all the mods you have. Shifting quick will definitely help. I raced one with my old 89Mr2 SC stock, I beat it by one car length to 60mph. Those cars are no slouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.