Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
23K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  djwhiplash2001 
#1 ·
:D:

My friend's car

I think it looks pretty damn good for $6 plasti dip. And its reversable

See less See more
#15 ·
That looks really good. I've never plastidipped anything before... DJ's answer for everything seems to be plastidip. Plastidip is to him what Duct Tape is to ********. Plus he seems so have a thing for black classix. I'm sure when he sees this, he will make a mess in his pants :p

#30 · (Edited)
Why is everyone using plasti-dip to paint their cars? This was never intended to paint rims or grills. Pasti-dip was intended for the underside of your car, tool handles, or the bed of a truck?? (not trying to sound like an ass..)

This stuff is very thick and used to coat a metal surface. You can get the same effect with a standard automotive flat paint or satin black paint. This is the thinner paint and will most likely dry very even. Plasti-dip may throw off the balance of your wheel if your painted very thick coats. Think about how light a wheel weight is and consider how much plasti-dip your adding to your wheels. Could be a couple of ounces of dried paint.

Rustoleum makes some good spray paints that work great on wheels and body parts. Very durable and strong. Dupli color also makes wheel paints that stick on very well. Just use a good hi temp primer if your worried about chipping and your good to go!!!

#31 ·
Why is everyone using plasti-dip to paint their cars? This was never intended to paint rims or grills. Pasti-dip was intended for the underside of your car, tool handles, or the bed of a truck?? (not trying to sound like an ass..)

This stuff is very thick and used to coat a metal surface. You can get the same effect with a standard automotive flat paint or satin black paint. This is the thinner paint and will most likely dry very even. Plasti-dip may throw off the balance of your wheel if your painted very thick coats. Think about how light a wheel weight is and consider how much plasti-dip your adding to your wheels. Could be a couple grams of paint.

Rustoleum makes some good spray paints that work great on wheels and body parts. Very durable and strong. Dupli color also makes wheel paints that stick on very well. Just use a good hi temp primer if your worried about chipping and your good to go!!!
cause you can pull plasti dip off ;)

#34 ·
Yeah, there are only two reasons to use Plastidip. One is because it's reversable - that's why people do grilles, wheels, emblems, etc instead of painting them.

The second is that, with a thin coat, it matches the factory textured parts decently well. Good for mirror caps, rubs, skirts, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.