Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HIBB 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought an extended warranty through the dealer. It is on my paperwork that I paid for it, but I never got anything from anyone explaining the warranty. I called the gm and he sent out a pamphlet, but I have no insurance number or policy number or anything like that. I told them I wanted bumper to bumper for 60,000 or five years, until the car was paid off. I paid 900 dollars for it! Why no literature. I have had the car for three months now. Do I need to go in to raise a little hell? Someone please answer.

#3 ·
I got an extended warranty from a 3rd party, through the dealer also. I didn't receive any paperwork either. But I've used it once already. The dealer keeps it on file... all I have to do is go in and mention it to the service guy and he looks up my plan and takes care of it from there.

#4 ·
Thanks

I went in and he showed me where the contract number was on the paperwork. It is through a third party, but he assured me it was as good as the VW extended warranty. I am sure this was a way for him to make a buck, because they didn't make any off the sale of the car.

#6 ·
Got paper work on my third party extended warranty. Russ, what happened that you needed to use the warrant for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.