VW Rabbit Forum " Hubcap center vw-logo piece -replace?" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hubcap center vw-logo piece -replace?

Member RustyStar is just really nice RustyStar's Avatar
    Thanks

Hubcap center vw-logo piece -replace?

Somehow, the center VW-logo piece from A HUBCAP on my 2007 VW Rabbit fell/came off. I had recently ordered a new hubcap for another tire and it looks like that piece is just a part of the hubcap - not a separate piece that you can remove. Any ideas on how to just replace the center VW-logo piece? Should it just be stuck on there with tape or something? I see the center logo pieces for sale on ebay, but I can't figure out how it goes on there. Also, does anyone know what size I should buy for that center VW-logo piece? THANKS A MILLION AS USUAL!!
    Last edited by RustyStar; 04-26-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: STUPIDY

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator briano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond repute briano1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hubcap center vw-logo piece -replace?

I went out to the ETKA, and there isn't a separate stickie emblem for your cap, and there isn't a measurement. I would measure the diameter of one of your existing caps and match it up.

You can use 3m red extreme weather double sided mounting tape. Clean your old caps center with alcohol and get it absolutely clean.

You can go with the tape, or you can use a drop of Clear RTV, don't go heavy on it as you don't want to ooze it outside of the emblem allow it to set 24 hours and you should be good to go, and I would bet it will last a long long time. RTV will take the vibration of the road, and most chemicals. They use it to glue Aquariums together, and glass walls in buildings. Another one you could try is 3m Window Weld Urethane but it is black.

Just remember that you are going to Press it in so a little goes a long way.

The 3m Tape comes in various widths, and you cut it in strips and lay it next to each other then trim it to fit. Peal the backing off Press it on and drive off.

When you measure remember that the emblem is curved so you may want to use a couple of Tooth Picks on the edges to get a straight line. A caliper works as well.

Forget the toothpick I must of had my head up my posterior.... you have one that is missing, just measure the diameter of the circle that it sits in... DOH........Been sniffin paint stripper for the last two days.
    Last edited by briano1234; 04-27-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    What do Divorces, Great Coffee and Cars all have in common?
    They all Start with good GROUNDS.
    Replace all of them that you can, 99 percent of flakiness will disappear.

92, 93 Cabriolet.... 89, and 90 are Deceased.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to briano1234 For This Useful Post:

RustyStar(04-26-2017)

+ Reply to Thread