Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Swerve 
#1 ·
Hi guys, my 1.8t is being a nightmare again, it struggles to start, when it drives there is no boost (Boost gauge read vacuum but no boost at all) even if you really rev it theres no boost, ive changed pipes near inlet manifold incase of leaks, I did notice one of the pipes going into the rocker was badly split, but this has been sealed temporarily so I can see if that was it, it was not. Ive just scanned it with vag com and am getting 2 codes, P1602 / 18010 & P0102 / 16486. Somewhere else on VCDS lite I remember seeing Secondary air injection "failed or incomplete"? if this helps, many many many thanks in advance

#2 ·
My thinking, and it's just thinking trying to help. Is that maybe your turbo is bad. A lot of the 1.8 K03's over time go bad. I would check that. AS far as the codes, if I remember correctly I had the p1602 code and it's a generic code for emissions. So somewhere in your exhaust or your intake. The other 3 I don't know about. I hope that I have given some sort of help.

#3 ·
SAI would not cause those issues, it only comes on when the engine is cold.
PLUS, neither one of those codes are SAI system related.

P1602. Power Supply (B+) Terminal 30 Low Voltage. This means the battery
was disconnected at some point, and also does NOT set the Check Engine Light.

P0102 is the MAF. This is probably your problem. If it is not working right
you can get no boost because it's not seeing the air-flow. Check the wiring,
and sensor. Sensors are relatively cheap on eBay, if you can wait. This will
light the check engine light.

IF those were the only codes you got, then the Turbo should be fine. You
would be getting boost errors past the MAF issue. Address the MAF issue
first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.