VW Rabbit Forum " 84 Rabbit" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 84 Rabbit

New Member chaboicrosby is a jewel in the rough chaboicrosby's Avatar
    Thanks

84 Rabbit

so i recently bought a Rabbit and it is leaking brake fluid out of the reservoir but not at the grommets its like in the middle of the reservoir itself and i am not sure how to fix it. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator briano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond repute briano1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 84 Rabbit

Moved your post to the older rabbit forums.

I have had occasions where I have punctured or Cracked the Res when re-fitting it after a MC change.
    I have had older ones break at the feeds to the grommets when prying them out for a MC change. It isn't that
    hard to do.

If the Grommets are good, then I would replace the Res and see if that isn't the issue I have also had the caps leak on me as they became cracked.

Finding a replacement may be tricky... as they are getting hard to come by.

I found they are avail at ECS tuning but very pricey. The Parts yard near you or classifieds here, thesamba.com, or vwvortex may serve your quest.
    What do Divorces, Great Coffee and Cars all have in common?
    They all Start with good GROUNDS.
    Replace all of them that you can, 99 percent of flakiness will disappear.

92, 93 Cabriolet.... 89, and 90 are Deceased.

New Member chaboicrosby is a jewel in the rough chaboicrosby's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not sure about the grommets but i can see it leaking from the middle of the res. and the cheapest ive found one is $150 and thats seems a little pricey for plastic. would a 2 part epoxy work?

Super Moderator briano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond repute briano1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I think it would but you would 1 have to remove the part and clean all the fluid inside and out.
    You would need to scuff the plastic a wee bit, as well as getting a fuel or oil proof epoxy.... and that is about the price I saw.
    You might try emailing partsplaceinc.com to see if they have a source for a used one.
    What do Divorces, Great Coffee and Cars all have in common?
    They all Start with good GROUNDS.
    Replace all of them that you can, 99 percent of flakiness will disappear.

92, 93 Cabriolet.... 89, and 90 are Deceased.

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog