Service reminder.
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Service reminder.

  1. #1
    New Member jsl262 is a jewel in the rough jsl262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Service reminder.

    My 2013 Passat TDI is suggesting service in 500 miles. What can I do to avoid a pricey dealer service visit. My current mileage is 58300. No issues with the car at all. My intent is to get beyond the winter and then accept the buyback. Any ideas.


    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Service reminder.

    You can avoid it by not going.

    Anyhow:

    With the car off, press and hold the "0.0" trip reset button.
    Insert the key and turn it to "ON" but don't start the engine, while still HOLDING the "0.0" button.
    Let go of the "0.0" trip reset button.
    Press the left side button for adjusting the clock.
    Key off/on service minder wrench should be off.

    I go 12,000 to 13,000 before an oil change on my '13 Jetta TDI.
    Will be over 233,000 by end of week...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2013Tdi For This Useful Post:

    jsl262(01-24-2017)

  5. #3
    New Member jsl262 is a jewel in the rough jsl262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Service reminder.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2013Tdi View Post
    You can avoid it by not going.

    Anyhow:

    With the car off, press and hold the "0.0" trip reset button.
    Insert the key and turn it to "ON" but don't start the engine, while still HOLDING the "0.0" button.
    Let go of the "0.0" trip reset button.
    Press the left side button for adjusting the clock.
    Key off/on service minder wrench should be off.

    I go 12,000 to 13,000 before an oil change on my '13 Jetta TDI.
    Will be over 233,000 by end of week...
    Never a problem with my Passat. But I have to give it up and move on. Still undecided on my next vehicle. Might look at a Subaru Forester or outback.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  6. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

  7. #4
    Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Service reminder.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsl262 View Post
    Never a problem with my Passat. But I have to give it up and move on. Still undecided on my next vehicle. Might look at a Subaru Forester or outback.
    What does any of that have to do with the service minder?

    You don't HAVE to give it up till after March of 2018, if at all. I am keeping mine to
    the bitter end! If you have a LOAN, they will HAVE to provide loan forgiveness on
    EVERY loan, regardless of value or under value. Mine will appraise at $5000 by the
    the time that rolls around, and I will owe $10,000, and they will have to eat it.

    They WILL NOT be fixed, and I don't care. This emissions scandal has
    shown just how petty & pathetic people actually are. The lie was ONLY
    with the NOx, nothing else, and people are crying FOUL for that? Give me
    a break! You never told a LIE, ever? I Don't care, a LIE is a LIE, regardless!

    The FED will be pocketing the money, it isn't like they're gonna build some
    GIANT WORLDLY HEPA filter to clean the air, they will do NOTHING! Everyone
    is taking complete advantage of VW, period. Typical human greed and just plain old
    crappy behavior, AS usual.

    I will sell mine back ONLY if mandated, if the FEDs tell the states that they
    are unregisterable after March 2018. PA has no diesel emissions anyway,
    I may get lucky and be able to keep it. I am not giving up 45MPG, I was
    not lied to about fuel mileage, or horsepower output. They lied about
    the "GREEN" part, and the ONLY people who should give a crap, are the
    tree-huggers who own one, and have their morality issues. I, don't care,
    at all, I have no moral issues with emissions, because it's all horse****.
    If you're not an environMENTAList, then you should not even care, you're
    just hopping on the money train, because you can.... My dealer has
    called me TWICE to buy mine back, and I refused. The have NOTHING
    that I am interested in, the TSI gets 37MPG, not 45! I can squeeze 40 out
    of one, probably, but 435MPG or better is WHY I BOUGHT IT, not because
    they said it's GREEN...

    I got more to say, but, dinner is ready, so see ya...

  8. #5
    New Member jsl262 is a jewel in the rough jsl262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Service reminder.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2013Tdi View Post
    What does any of that have to do with the service minder?

    You don't HAVE to give it up till after March of 2018, if at all. I am keeping mine to
    the bitter end! If you have a LOAN, they will HAVE to provide loan forgiveness on
    EVERY loan, regardless of value or under value. Mine will appraise at $5000 by the
    the time that rolls around, and I will owe $10,000, and they will have to eat it.

    They WILL NOT be fixed, and I don't care. This emissions scandal has
    shown just how petty & pathetic people actually are. The lie was ONLY
    with the NOx, nothing else, and people are crying FOUL for that? Give me
    a break! You never told a LIE, ever? I Don't care, a LIE is a LIE, regardless!

    The FED will be pocketing the money, it isn't like they're gonna build some
    GIANT WORLDLY HEPA filter to clean the air, they will do NOTHING! Everyone
    is taking complete advantage of VW, period. Typical human greed and just plain old
    crappy behavior, AS usual.

    I will sell mine back ONLY if mandated, if the FEDs tell the states that they
    are unregisterable after March 2018. PA has no diesel emissions anyway,
    I may get lucky and be able to keep it. I am not giving up 45MPG, I was
    not lied to about fuel mileage, or horsepower output. They lied about
    the "GREEN" part, and the ONLY people who should give a crap, are the
    tree-huggers who own one, and have their morality issues. I, don't care,
    at all, I have no moral issues with emissions, because it's all horse****.
    If you're not an environMENTAList, then you should not even care, you're
    just hopping on the money train, because you can.... My dealer has
    called me TWICE to buy mine back, and I refused. The have NOTHING
    that I am interested in, the TSI gets 37MPG, not 45! I can squeeze 40 out
    of one, probably, but 435MPG or better is WHY I BOUGHT IT, not because
    they said it's GREEN...

    I got more to say, but, dinner is ready, so see ya...
    I share your idea and would like to keep it but my concern is that my Passat TDI now out of warranty might incur expensive repair. Also add that an oil job cost $400 at the local VW dealer.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  9. #6
    Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Service reminder.

    $400 for an oil change? ME? $30.00, 35 tops! I buy filters by the
    ten pack, and my oil at WALMART!

    I have been using Rotalla T6, and now Delol400. I have NEVER put in 507.00
    spec oil, that's also a load of crap. Both those oils I use, 5W40, are low SAPS,
    maybe not as low as 507.00, but I got over 235,000 miles as of today, using
    Rotella T6, and now Delo400. Delo400 is $20.00, T6 is 22.00, sometimes on
    sale @$18. They say they are DPF safe, so I used it. If you REALLY want to use
    them? Crack your DPF. I took a hammer to mine, at freezing temps, and
    broke it inside, so it now passes soot. I did not smash the poop out of it,
    I banged on it everywhere I could. Also, I only pass soot with the EGR
    functional when I step on the fuel pedal. Without the EGR, more complete
    fuel burn due to more 02, and slightly higher cylinder temps, all I did was
    unplug it. As I said, PA has no emissions checks on diesels, so I am good to
    go.

    I also used a dog-bone mount bushing insert, which the motor vibrated a lot more, and the
    disclaimer says NOT to use them on a CR TDI. Probably because the vibrations also crack the DPF.

    Mine is WAY out of warranty, with 235K+ miles, original serpentine belt, original timing belt.
    The dealer said the timing belt generally does not just fail on its own, something else
    will cause the failure; which would be the water pump or HPFP. A friend of mine
    took his 2011 in for his timing belt after putting 235,000 miles on his on top of the
    110,000 it had on it when he bought it! There was nothing wrong with it, and that's
    what the dealer told him (about the failure thing), in addition to saying it's a money-maker
    for them, changing them ever 120,000 on the MK6s.

    I sure don't want a $1800 timing belt job for a car I can only keep another year...
    I did find a place here in New Stanton that does it for $800, parts included. I have
    already repaired the front end 3 times, a hood and a fender, two lower grilles, one
    upper, 3 sets of fogs (done with those!), one bumper cover. I need a rad support,
    I have it, but the cost is not worth it... So, I put the metal belly pan on it...

    I know I can get a good deal on a 2015 1.4 Turbo, but then I'd have to dump money
    into it for a stereo. I like the Fender system, a lot. This is the only car of eight now,
    that I have owned that I did NOT have to do anything with the sound system. IT
    is fantastic the way it is. They won't have anything for me with the same or better
    sound system, that won't have me buying a brand new Jetta, and I am not buying
    a new one. IF they let me tear this one out to put in a 2015? Then I would...
    I am not paying $13,999 for a 2015 1.4 Turbo base model with a crap stereo...
    IF they tossed in the used Impala they have there, I might...

    Nope, I plan to keep this TDI till they pry my hands off the steering wheel.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Clear Service Light Reminder?
    By JESFromASC in forum VW Rabbit MKV Forum 2006/2007/2008/2009
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2016, 03:25 PM
  2. Service reminder question
    By AudiSport4000 in forum VW Rabbit MKV Forum 2006/2007/2008/2009
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
  3. Need a reminder
    By Racinkid13 in forum 1975 - 1984 VW Rabbit General Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
  4. MFD Service Reminder?
    By AudiSport4000 in forum VW Rabbit MKV Forum 2006/2007/2008/2009
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
  5. reminder!!!
    By S3aturnR in forum VW Rabbit MKV Forum 2006/2007/2008/2009
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Volkswagen Forum Diminished Value of Oregon portland oregon seo DiminishedValue.net total loss value Privacy Policy

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.