Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jimmieneutron07 
#1 ·
Drove to Virginia (2 hours) to see a 2010 CC VR6 4motion. The car has 61k miles, and car fax shows all oil changes done timely. However, I smelled a little gas in the oil, and found some buildup on the sides of the engine block. I can get a warranty to cover these items, but want to know what I'm getting myself into. Any thoughts on what these picture may reveal? (I'm turning my '12 Jetta TDI in and want a car I can pay off right away.)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Get it fixed before you buy it, don't allow a preexisting condition to go home with you.
SHOW them the problem, they should fix it. That leak would not be there if the
car was pre-certified. Get it taken care of, before you drive it off the lot.

A little GAS smell in the oil huh? After about 1000 miles of a fresh oil change,
that's what you're gonna get. If they idle their engine a lot, especially in the
cold, more fuel is dumped in to the cylinders. It is that time of year.

IF there is a stuck open injector, they leak into the chamber(s), both running
and not running. They would have to test each injector. AGAIN, if the car
is pre-certified, it's all taken care of.

If you have to BUY a warranty, because there is none, then it was not
certified. No reputable dealer would allow a fuel leak to drive off their
lot.

#4 ·
Build-up; where is is coming from? If it's plain old DIRT, that's fine.

If you run your finger across it, and smell oil or gassy-oil, then there
is a leak.

My CCV, engine side, has always leaked, and there is build-up on it, because, it's leaking
vapor, and dirt sticks to the film it leaves behind. Something has the be there for dirt and
debris to stick to it, to cause a build-up. Just be careful, is all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.