VW Rabbit Forum " Car locks via remote but doesn't beep?" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car locks via remote but doesn't beep?

New Member egoncalo is a jewel in the rough egoncalo's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Car locks via remote but doesn't beep?

Hey all -

I used to be able to press my lock button, the lights would flash, and the horn would beep to let me know the car had been locked and alarmed. Now the lights just flash and the horn doesn't make a sound. The car is still locking and the alarm is still engaging, but no horn. Granted it's not a huge deal, I liked being able to hear when I had locked my car. Anyone have this problem, or know how I can fix it?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member MisterVDUB is a jewel in the rough MisterVDUB's Avatar
    Thanks
    sorry i double posted its early n im barely awake
    Last edited by MisterVDUB; 11-19-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: sorry double posted

Quite.
    djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not sure why it would have stopped beeping, unless you have an 08 w/ MFD and were playing with options.

Your dealer can fix this for you next time you're in for service. It's a simple programming thing - your car can be programmed to beep or not beep.
    4 wheels:
    14 Fiesta ST / 93 525i
    2 wheels:
    03 CBR954RR / 05 Buell Blast

Senior Member MisterVDUB is a jewel in the rough MisterVDUB's Avatar
    Thanks
    could be just a faulty wire connecting to the horn, or a bad horn lol. what i would do to check if the horn works is pop your hood open, close all the doors in your car besides the hood n then lock the car n then close the hood, once u close the hood your car should beep as if you locked it via the key
    Mods : Evoms Short Ram Intake, ECS Tuning Dogbone Mount Insert, Muffler & Resonator Delete, Tinted Tails, RS4 Wheels, H&R Race Springs, 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushings, Joey Modded Audi s5 Style LED Headlights, Votex front lip, BFI Stage 2 transmission mount
    Future Mods: C2 Software (When Available), Shortshifter, Cams, Eurojet Headers

Quite.
    djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001 has a reputation beyond repute djwhiplash2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    If it's programmed to not beep, it won't beep no matter what you do.

Press the center of your wheel. Horn works . It will sound both of your horns.
    4 wheels:
    14 Fiesta ST / 93 525i
    2 wheels:

Senior Member D4UN7L355 is a jewel in the rough D4UN7L355's Avatar
    Thanks
    it could be that something is obstructing the rear hatch from closing properly. that happened to me once. if it has something stuck in it (for me it was the stalk from a beach umbrella) it wont beep. even if everything seems closed it still wont beep.
    2008 Turbo-Bunny

Guru Member EUROjkr07 is a glorious beacon of light EUROjkr07's Avatar
    Thanks
    your car is broken

buy a new rabbit
    2007 CW rabbit ; 20% tints ; euro plate (EUROJKR07) ; 6k HIDs ; black grill ; NB cover ; carbonio CAI ; Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
    soon to come...goodies

Member hightshoe is a jewel in the rough hightshoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D4UN7L355 View Post
    it could be that something is obstructing the rear hatch from closing properly. that happened to me once. if it has something stuck in it (for me it was the stalk from a beach umbrella) it wont beep. even if everything seems closed it still wont beep.
    Agreed, most likely something isn't closed completely.

Guru Member tibimakai has much to be proud of tibimakai's Avatar
    Thanks
    some of the owners would like to have this feature
    2008 SB,auto,H&R S spings,18" Koya Racing,Falken 912,Kenwood DNX5120+BT,Gentex mirror w/compass/Homelink,painted lowers,GLI side skirts,HID,custom LED fogs,mid muffler removed

We're Geekin' DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Possibilities....

Your hood or rear hatch aren't shut properly.

If you have an 08/09 with MFD, this is a programmable option that can be turned on or off.
    UG 2008 4dr Auto, Sunroof, ESP, Votex Ground Effects Kit.

Mods: Stubby Antenna, Clear Sidemarkers, Euro Switch , OEM Projector Fog Lights, C2 93 Flash, BSH Intake, A3 Leather Shift Knob, GTI OEM HIDs, Tinted Euro R32 Tails, Eurojet Exhaust, H&R 24mm RSB, Jetta Wolfsburg FE swap, Eibach Sportline springs and Koni Str.T shocks, VW Euro OEM Leather Steering wheel, 17" VW OEM Anthracite Goals.

Senior Member Canuck is just really nice Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    some of the owners would like to have this feature

Looks like you were hit by the VAG-Bandit!

Follow the White Rabbit

Member ninelives is a jewel in the rough ninelives's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pfft! I wouldn't be complaining!!

I'm going to ask them to disable it when I'm next in for service, it drives me loco. MKIV's beep was a lower beep, much better.
    08 CW . 5dr . 5spd . Comfortline . Premium Stereo . Cold Weather . Guelph, ON

Guru Member DigitalPirate is a glorious beacon of light DigitalPirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yea, this is annoying. I disabled it with my MFD. If you have a car with an MFD, then you can access this option. If not, you have to use the VAG-COM to enable/disable it.
    2008 2DR 5SPD Sage Green * B&G * BSH * Carbonio * Dieselgeek * Magnaflow * Pioneer * Votex

Quite.
    Thanks
    So what was the verdict? Was it something in the hatch or something with the coding?
    4 wheels:
    14 Fiesta ST / 93 525i
    2 wheels:

Junior Member galito78 is a jewel in the rough galito78's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hightshoe View Post
    Agreed, most likely something isn't closed completely.
    I had the same thing happen when a grocery bag was caught in the hatch.

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to clarify to you the alarm horn and your regular horn are different. The regular horn has a high and a low note horn. Each one is located behind the left and right foglamp grills. The alarm horn is tucked away deep inside the right front fender well

Press the panic button. If it works, the alarm is fine. Otherwise I vote for something left open.

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

Guru Member EUROjkr07 is a glorious beacon of light EUROjkr07's Avatar
    Thanks
    that happened to me once too...

i messed with the hatch a lil bit and i had something in the way when i closed it....
    moved it out of the way and problem was solved

easy fix
    2007 CW rabbit ; 20% tints ; euro plate (EUROJKR07) ; 6k HIDs ; black grill ; NB cover ; carbonio CAI ; Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
    soon to come...goodies

Senior Member SaltyOnionBalls is just really nice SaltyOnionBalls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EUROjkr07 View Post
    that happened to me once too...

i messed with the hatch a lil bit and i had something in the way when i closed it....
    moved it out of the way and problem was solved

easy fix
    lol this just happened to me, my gfs brother and I were showing off our cars to each other and it didnt beep after we walked inside and I locked it, i was like wtf?

so i came on here because i KNEW someone had to know why, and sure enough, after reading about the hatch not being closed fully that was it, i didnt slam it shut hard enough, soon as i pressed down on the hatch it beeped lol.

+1 for ROC!
    Eddie
    '08 Rabbit 4DR w/ Sunroof - Murdered out!

Guru Member BIGGREEK has a brilliant future BIGGREEK has a brilliant future BIGGREEK's Avatar
    Thanks
    For some reason you have to sorta slam the hatch to close. It doesnt close lightly, as on other cars they just fall and shut.
    I LIKE TO PUT RIDICULOUSLY BIG PICTURES IN MY SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan1Jr View Post
    blast my nuts
    08 Golf ; 03 F350; 86 K5 Blazer
    00 TDI Jetta ; 10 Charger; 87 Toyota Pickup
    87 Golf; 89 4Runner; 94 Kawi Vulcan

Senior Member baddbunnyjawja is a jewel in the rough baddbunnyjawja's Avatar
    Gray, Ga (close to macon, 70 miles south of ATL)
    Thanks
    your battery (in the remote) might be dying. mine quit beeping but would flash the lights and all after the battery was almost dead also. its easy to take apart the remote- it comes off in three pieces, and replace the battery. mine started beeping again after a new one.
    -08 Candy White-Debadged-Custom Intake-Custom EuroTag-Painted Bump Strips-Mechanic+Soon To Be Information Tech Major!-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast