What do you think?
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think?

New Member JerryLtowIt is a jewel in the rough JerryLtowIt's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you think?

I recently bought an 07 Gli and it's got several mods including Evolution vflow intake, Bsh pcv block off plate, DV relocate (Forge), and a full turbo back B an B exhaust. I don't know what stage or tune it is. In fact, the reason I know most of this is because of the people over at the golfmkv forum. A friend Das and some others have been helping me out. It runs like a bad ass! Anyway...While tinkering around the other day, (checked the cam follower) I unscrewed the diverter valve apart and noticed the spring was red in color. When I looked it up I found this on the Forge website.

"Please note - fitting a stronger spring into a valve will not increase boost pressure unless existing pressure is being lost. Failure to allow the valve to operate by installing a spring which is to strong may cause damage to the turbocharger.

Valve Spring color coding
    Green - 5-15 PSI
    Yellow - 15-23 PSI
    Blue - 23-30 PSI
    Red - 30 + PSI"

Now I know the car is not creating that much boost, maybe peaks at around 18. Do I leave it alone, or change the spring?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: What do you think?

Somebody help?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was mine, I'd be inclined to test the other springs and their performance before deciding to leave the red one on there.

The upfront cost will definitely outweigh the consequences here. At I least get the blue one and some spacers for testing.

Welcome to the VWOC.

Now show us the obligatory photos of this beast.
    09 CW, 2D, Manual w/ Gorilla Skin + Legos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by le0n View Post
    If it was mine, I'd be inclined to test the other springs and their performance before deciding to leave the red one on there.

The upfront cost will definitely outweigh the consequences here. At I least get the blue one and some spacers for testing.

Welcome to the VWOC.

Now show us the obligatory photos of this beast.
    Hahahaha Thanks for your input. I think I'll do just as you said. I wouldn't say it's a beast but, it's fun making some of the ricers in San Antonio look foolish.
    My account it not "great enough" says the forum. Since I only have 3 posts, it won't allow me to upload any photos yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

What do you think?

Now, I'm great enough. Hahaha

[/IMG]

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

hah hah. congrats.

nice color choice

do you have the stock suspension on there?

also, do those seat covers allow your seat airbags to properly function? you may want to check into that just to be on the safe side.

thanks for sharing.
    09 CW, 2D, Manual w/ Gorilla Skin + Legos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by le0n View Post
    hah hah. congrats.

nice color choice

do you have the stock suspension on there?

also, do those seat covers allow your seat airbags to properly function? you may want to check into that just to be on the safe side.

thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. It's got K sport coilovers. And I checked before I bought the seat covers...they do in fact allow for the full function of the airbags in the seats.

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog