Latest on Dieselgate
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest on Dieselgate

Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Latest on Dieselgate

Dealers are now selling them NEW for $5000 under invoice.

They also got a buy-back one on the lot, flashed for stage one, and, you ain't
    gonna like it. The updated window sticker for MPG has a big "37" on it. So, MPG
    was effected, a lot. Diesel is .40 cents higher a gallon here, and my TSI gets 35-37
    the highway, so how is it advantageous to own a VW diesel now? It's not.

Also, the updated window sticker was sitting on the SEAT of this used buy-back,
    not affixed to the window for all to see. They have a 2015 SE w/Connectivity,
    21239 miles on it for $18,999. I paid 751 more more for my 2013 TDI with about
    10k more miles on it!! They did not have a price on it, or I would have haggled
    and offered my HHR as trade, to get some money off, and then let my son pay on the
    TSI and use it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Junior Member AndrewAtVW is a jewel in the rough AndrewAtVW's Avatar
    Thanks

37 is MPG combined. (42 HWY)

5K off and 0% is what we're advertising for 72 months (qualified of course)

I see what you're saying though. If I didn't have my car paid off I'd get into a wagen - ride is smoother IMO than the new TSI's. Diesel isn't too bad in my area (Boston) though.

Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Thanks

They didn't have the new ones on the lot, they were at the spot where the
    buybacks were sitting to be taken. They didn't tell me there was a used one
    on the lot till I asked. I can run my route now in 3/4 tank of gas, and with
    diesel being .40 more, I would not be saving anything.

I average 12.5 gallons a day, 450 miles for 36 MPG - $32.00 with the TSI.

I would use less diesel, but be paying $2.99 a gallon

It would take about 10.71 gallons of diesel for the same miles, for $32.00 at that 42MPG.
    It evens out with less fuel used, but higher car payment, and higher maintenance.

So, the only way I am getting a diesel now, is if it's a 2006-2008, or a steal on a used

5. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Thanks

To Whom It May Concern,

The Court has approved a settlement with Bosch, the supplier of engine control software that was installed in some 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche diesel vehicles.

For more information, visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com.

If you submit or have submitted an approved Claim in the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter Volkswagen (“VW”) Settlements, you will automatically receive a payment from the Bosch Settlement and do not need to file a separate Claim in the Bosch Settlement. For more information, see below.

Eligible Owners, Sellers, or Lessees of the following vehicles may be eligible for cash payments in the Bosch Settlement:

2.0-LITER CLASS VEHICLE BENEFITS:
    · Eligible Owners of 2.0-liter Eligible Vehicles may receive up to $350.
    · Eligible Lessees may receive $200.
    · Eligible Sellers may receive $175.

A $327.5 million settlement has been reached with Bosch, the supplier of the emissions software that was installed in some 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche diesel vehicles. The Bosch Settlement follows similar settlements with Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche (called the “2.0-liter Settlement” and the “3.0-liter Settlement”, or together, the “VW Settlements”).

The Bosch Settlement is in addition to the VW Settlements and provides additional compensation to vehicle owners, former owners, lessees and former lessees, including reseller dealers, who filed or will file approved claims in the VW Settlements. The Bosch Settlement also provides the opportunity for compensation to VW Class Members who opted out of or who are otherwise not participating in the VW Settlements.

If you filed or choose to file a claim in the VW Settlements, you do not need to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If your VW Settlement claim is approved, you will automatically receive a check in the mail from the Bosch Settlement.

If you do not file a claim in the VW Settlements, or if you chose to opt-out of either or both of them, you still can file a separate claim in the Bosch Settlement.

If you have excluded yourself from the VW Settlements, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until August 15, 2017. If you are an Eligible Seller and missed the Identification Deadline in the 2.0-liter Settlement, or if you are an Eligible Former Owner and do not file a claim in the 3.0-liter Settlement, you have until May 1, 2017 to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If you do not file a claim in either of the VW Settlements, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until December 31, 2019.

Thanks

It took them a year, but researchers have finally found the mechanism that Volkswagen
    used to cheat emissions tests, buried in lines of code published on the company's own
    website.

A team of computer scientists at the University of California San Diego trawled through
    copies of the code, which ran on Volkswagen's onboard computers for models including
    the 2009-2015 model year Volkswagen Jetta, Beetle and Golf.

What we already knew:
    According to the researchers' report [PDF], the code allowed vehicles to detect when
    they were undergoing emissions testing and activate a "defeat device" to cut down on
    emissions. If the car determined it wasn't being tested, it would disable these emissions
    controls, leading some cars to emit up to 40 times the allowed levels of nitrogen oxides.

Volkswagen issued a statement indicating that 11 million vehicles contained the illegal code.
    While the researchers said "Volkswagen's cheating was breathtaking in scope," they noted the code
    was publicly available on the company's maintenance website and on forums run by car enthusiasts.
    They studied 900 versions of code and found 400 that included the cheat.

They now say:
    "We found evidence of the fraud right there in public view," said lead researcher Kirill
    Levchenko. "We were able to find the smoking gun."

Who else?

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. FCAU has planned to update software in 104,000 old diesel vehicles
    to reduce excess emissions. This step will resolve the concerns of U.S. regulators over emission problems.
    Per the company sources, the update will not impact vehicle performance or fuel efficiency.

In January, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California accused the company of illegally using
    undisclosed software in order to pass the government emissions tests for 104,000 U.S. 2014-2016 Jeep
    Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks.

The notice of violation was the result of a probe that happened due to regulators' investigation of rival Volkswagen
    AG’s VLKAY emissions levels. The software update will start once it gets approved by the EPA and California Air
    Resources Board.

Fiat Chrysler believes the update will help facilitate a prompt resolution of the ongoing discussions with the Environment
    and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and other governmental agencies.

A federal hearing is set in California on a series of lawsuits filed by owners of vehicles and some dealers
    against Fiat Chrysler and the Justice Department.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2