VW CC Forum: Might become a CC owner, Need help·Volkswagen CC Owners Club|VWOC
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Might become a CC owner, Need help

New Member narticog is a jewel in the rough narticog's Avatar
    Thanks

Might become a CC owner, Need help

I am currently 17, my first car I had was a Nissan rouge which was involved in a accident. Completely other guys fault the insurance is giving him 100% fault. but at this point my parents are just going to sell my crashed car for around 3000 and the insurance is giving us something around the ball park of 5000. my parents are adding 1000-2000 to equal a total of 9000-10000. I am currently looking for a nicer, and I have fallen upon the VW CC. For my price range I think its one of the nicest cars I can get, My dad wants it to be under 65,000 miles. Looking at the auction and autotrader, it shows that the years I could get are from 2010-2012 unless I fall upon a amazing deal (Probably won't happen). What do you guys think, would you recommend me to get one ? Is there any other nice cars I could get for under 65,000 miles for $8,000-$10,000 from autotrader, craigslist, or the actual car auction

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

New Member narticog is a jewel in the rough narticog's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Might become a CC owner, Need help

can anyone help ?

Junior Member livevalue is just really nice livevalue's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narticog View Post
    can anyone help ?
    I used CC for two years. There were no problem with it. Maybe dsg shifter could be a little problem. If you are going to buy a manual one don't even think about it. Buy!
    Mine was 2013 year. Engine was better than 2012 year ones. Not more powerful but stable.
    I suggest you an R-Line if you can buy.
    Anyway it's a nice car.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Thanks

The Passat is the same car, the CC has a more contoured roof line to the rear of the car.

IF it's a Diesel, any mileage under 100,000 is not an issue, they last as long as maintained.

Gassers > 65,000 miles, well, it's a crap shoot, and depends how the previous owner(s) took care of it.
    You can buy one with 135,000 miles and it looks new, they could be all highway miles. As long as it
    was maintained!

Any car of that year and type with under 65,000 is going to be pricey, unless you're buying the
    "Cavalier" version.

New Member torontoted is a jewel in the rough torontoted's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely do it. You're basically getting an Audi for the price of a VW.
    The CC has an A4 Audi Chassis, an Audi engine and Audi DSG transmission. Get the DSG transmission, its smooth like butter and as fuel efficient as a manual.
    I have a 2010 and haven't had any issues with it. The milage on the highway is amazing for a car with this amount of power.

New Member rocklogic is just really nice rocklogic's Avatar
    Thanks

I just purchased a 2013 2.0 turbo. I thought the engine displacement and the size of the car was going to make it a slug. I was wrong. This car is no joke. It is a very serious sport sedan, and can get out of hand if you lack experience. be careful, and respect it, learn from it and treat it like a lady, not a bitch. Buy it, it's the best deal going right now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rocklogic For This Useful Post:

oneclassybroad (02-10-2017)

Guru Member 2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute2013Tdi has a reputation beyond repute 2013Tdi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by torontoted View Post
    Definitely do it. You're basically getting an Audi for the price of a VW.
    The CC has an A4 Audi Chassis, an Audi engine and Audi DSG transmission. Get the DSG transmission, its smooth like butter and as fuel efficient as a manual.
    I have a 2010 and haven't had any issues with it. The milage on the highway is amazing for a car with this amount of power.
    CC is a version of the PASSAT with a "stylized sweeping roofline" In North America,
    in 2012 the Passat CC restyling also included the drop of the Passat name to be called
    Volkswagen CC. CC = Comfort Coupe.

2013 is when they put the EA288 motor in the TDI, Gasser EA888 in 2012, not
    Audi, not to mention Audi IS Volkswagen. The V6 is the 3.6 VR6.

If you get the V6 version, in AMERICA, you do not get the DSG, you get the slush-box,
    however in Europe you get the DSG. This is the 4Motion 3.6 V6, no DSG in America for
    that car, so that's definitely NOT Audi.

1.4 and 1.8 come with the6sp manual, or 7sp DSG.

VW CC From 2008+, and Passat 2005 - 2014 is the A6/PQ46 platform. Audi, from 2001-2005 shared the
    B6 platform, however it's B6/PL46. All the new Audi are on the B8 platform, CC still B6(A6) platform.

Audi and Passat (Passat China 88-2012) shared the same B2 platform, from 81-88, called Quantum in USA
    Audi and Passat shared the same B5 platform from 1996-2000 (Passat).

Audi, Passat, CC, shared the same platforms like a all the other car manufacturers
    do. My '07 Charger (LX platform) is a Mercedes platform, that did not make my
    Charger a Mercedes, this doesn't make the CC an Audi...

New Member yukoncole is a jewel in the rough yukoncole's Avatar
    Thanks

Potential CC Newbie here also!

I am looking at a 2014 CC R-Line, love the car as it drives great and performs well with the 2.0t engine from my Test Drive!

I am wondering if there are any software updates for Navigation that I should look for, known issues or any advice in general around this car and year?

Thanks !!!

+ Reply to Thread