Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  xd-data-ii 
#1 ·
Just installed my gauge... I thought it would be fun to have a little more information!

#2 · (Edited)
Awesome toy. It has some much too offer and what it can do it's crazy.Any pic on where you installed it? I'm always looking at my MPG now.If you always put in the new info when you fill up on petro it will tell you all kinds of neat stuff,what was the highest RPM & MPH for the day,the cost of how much gas you are using,miles to empty,hours to empty and much more.Still checking out all the features it has. Love all the digital gauges too:) Someone still has one for sell in the classifieds for 125.00 shipped,good deal. I still need to buy the extra cable so I dont haft too remove mine all the time too scan other cars.

#5 ·
Re: The Official ScangaugeII Thread

Btw.
For those with scangauges there a new update for it - to version 4.05.
New performance feature is useful.
Horsepower is now a standard gauge. Make sure you set the mode to fast for our cars.

Code:
There are benefits to upgrading to our new software (from 3.15 to 4.02). The following additions that have been made to the ScanGaugeII: 

- The ScanGaugeII now has a performance feature that allows you to record your vehicle's short trips and lets you go back and view 0-60 times, stopping times and distance.
- The engineers have designed a new menu systems that is easy to navigate and also a new user manual which is much easier to understand than the original
- The new software has corrected some minor bugs that were in the previous software, such as finding certain trouble codes (on rare occasion, some vehicles would display a P0000 code reading on the ScanGaugeII).
- There is now more enhanced X-Gauge capability
- Changes were made to units and now the ScanGaugeII can display KPL (kilometers per liter) and inches of mercury for the manifold reading.
- Currencies were added and now the ScanGaugeII can display Pounds, Euros, Yen, US dollars, and Yuan
- A feature was added that allows you to calibrated the ScanGaugeII in order to figure out boost [(if you vehicles reports MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)] and horsepower.
- Average miles per gallon (AVG) and Trip Fuel Cost (TFC) were added as standard gauges
- A minor protocol (CAN long ID) glitch was fixed
- The compatibility issue between the SG2 and Mercedes Benz vehicles was resolved.
You just ship it to them with $25 check and completed form and they'll upgrade and send it back.
Mine was shipped and back within 4 days.
Details on their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.