Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Keithie 
#1 ·
New to forum, not to VW- hope to contribute. Daughter purchased used 04 Beetle 2.0 GLS, noticed some problems. The headlamp housing locks were broken, so I replaced those, then drivers side low beam not working. Fuse bad, replaced and instantly blows. Go through some standard trouble shooting and research, and realize there are some electrical issues with these. Cut my teeth on a 92 Jetta with sunroof leak and continual grounding issues for 10 yrs. Haven't purchased the bentley for this yet and was hoping for some insight. I have now cooling fans on high with key on, they shutdown after 15 min. Inspected wiring at light harnesses and deteriorated as described online with others. Main question is - I need a schematic from bentley that identifies thirteen position accessory feeds and front end circuits for headlights/engine compartment with cooling fans. Best guess now is ground/short in harness. Unless someone has other input. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.