Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
36K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jchimpo91 
#1 ·
I have made some scuff marks on the lower part of my interior driver's side door panel from brushing my foot against it while getting out of the vehicle. Any decent way to get rid of these? Ive cleaned them up, which helped, but the marks are still there.

#5 ·
I wouldn't trust a magic eraser to do this. I am afraid it would be too abrasive on the surface and maybe alter the color of the panel where it was used (this happened on some other plastics I used the eraser on in my house).

#6 ·
i have these marks also I used armor all wipes to clean and then the protectant wipes to try and prevent them, it helps a little bit but i have a few scuffs on the plastic on the driver's seat that have been cleaned and are just from the plastic itself getting torn/rubbed so i don't think that its fixable without redoing the texture on the plastic, furthermore on this point i've been thinking about fashioning some sort of kickplate to help protect these parts.

#7 ·
i just use a spraybottle with water and woolite (six parts water, one part woolite) and a microfiber towel. if you've gouged the plastic, nothing will get rid of that, but woolite and water is good for dirt, which it appears is generally what i get on the door panel.

i had an actual SCUFF on the rocker from a red leather shoe. it looked like someone took a red china marker to it, and nothing was getting rid of it. finally i tried a wet dryer sheet, came right off. don't know if you want to use this on the inside, again test it somewhere first, but if anyone gets a scuff on the paint below the door, this worked wonders.

#13 ·
I went rock climbing, free style I guess you would call it. No ropes or safety equipment etc. Just man some talc powder and the rocks. We'll I got attacked by killer bees (africanized bees - the agressive ones), fell about 35 ft. According to my friends I actually bounced got up and ran to my truck like nothing happened. I drove to the Naval hosptial, I almost broke my arm clean through. And I caught a bunch of rocks on the way down. I didnt have finger prints for a while, and it looked like a tiger clawed my arm. Needless to say there was blood in my truck. Oh and reflexes suck, its not a smart thing to swat at bees stinging the back of your head while your hanging onto a rock by just fingertips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.