Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
17K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ironman80 
#1 ·
So I have an 09 VW Jetta and the lights that are on - the engine management, the DPF and the Glow Plug light is flashing constantly.

When I drive the car there is no turbo, and the revs only go to just under 3000rpm and doesnt go any higher.

My mechanic said I need to take the car for a very long drive with the revs at around 3000rpm and it will clear it - the only thing is, when the glow plug is flashing it won't go any higher than that and it doesn't
I took it back to the garage and they said that it will clear once its had a blow out, but it isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas on what can be done?? other than setting fire to the dam thing!!!!

#2 ·
One of the problems VW is having with the TDI's is the intake manifold becoming carbon fouled. If this is your situation, it will not go away by driving and will continue to worsen. I can't say that this is your problem for sure, but you might have it looked into and get an estimate as it is a very labor intense procedure.

Ainokea

#3 ·
One of the problems VW is having with the TDI's is the intake manifold becoming carbon fouled. If this is your situation, it will not go away by driving and will continue to worsen. I can't say that this is your problem for sure, but you might have it looked into and get an estimate as it is a very labor intense procedure.

Ainokea
My CCV runs through a catch can, then vents under the car. That not only fouls up
the intake, but the vanes in the VNT vanes. So, mine doesn't go back into the
intake, which is after the air-box.

Most of that is from the CCV, not exhaust soot, just in case... However, this is not
the issue, I think what was missed was, the DPF light is on. That means the DPF is loaded.

I know OLD thread, but is relevant.

However, mine did that once, so WHILE DRIVING, I was coating down a hill on I68 west,
was going over 70 coasting. I keyed off, then on, and never happened again. The only
other time this happens is after I clean the engine compartment. Once the water dries,
it goes away, but, I get over 3000 RPM, it just takes forever to get there. The problem
you had, I had, but once you get on down-hill grades, it will go above 3000.

Also, due to that fact your DPF light is on, that means the soot load is over 49 grams.
More then likely, your DPF needs replaced. Mine did that, as I said, but the DPF light was
not on, just a flashing glow plug light. On the third key off/on, the check engine light
came on, as I pulled over and did that to see if it the problem would go away, anyhow...
After I did that coasting key off/on thing, the CEL stayed on, but the Gp light was off, but
the CEL went off on the 5th key off/on, which was when I stopped at a store close to home...

When all those lights are on, the car will NOT regen, and needs immediate service, which means,
DPF...

#4 ·
I have a 2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI 2.0 my check Engine came on and checked the codes. The codes that came up are: P2015 and P0401. Took it to the dealer and told me it was the DPF and the Intake Manifold. The DPF costs about $2140 and the Intake about $650. Can anyone tell me if these two items would be covered under the Emissions Recall?

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.