Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hotwax 
#1 ·
Hey this is my first post. Ive got a 83 Rabbit Im fixin up. Right now it is a very pieced together car. Anyways my question is. Its got a 1.6L with a new style intake with plastics injectors and a 2 barrel Carb. I know, wtf. I think its a 32/36 webber but not sure. Anyways I need a new one and need to know what to get. Also anyone know what year intake I could use for a carb. Any help would be great. Thanks.

#2 ·
Well I don't know that year specifically but you are making two different statements.

"Its got a 1.6L with a new style intake with plastics injectors"
Injectors are on a fuel injected car, and it is a plastic fuel rail with electric blue metal injectors on a Digifant. The CIS has metal injectors with braided steel lines.

"and a 2 barrel Carb. I know, wtf. I think its a 32/36 webber but not sure. "

The newer style or even the CIS throttle body dosen't have a carb on it. IT is a Air flow controller.... Looks like a carb from the side....

So you will need to take a picture of it so we can see what you are talking about.

So if you were wondering why no one answered, your question was a puzzlement at least to me.

#4 ·
I know it sounds funny thats what it is, its an orriganlly fuel injected intake with the plastic rail still on it but not hooked up. The throttle body has been removed and has a carb instead bolted to the intake. I can find a new carb. but would like to find a different intake without the injector rail on it.

#5 ·
Well from the sounds of it they used a 90'ish head and instead of plugging the injectors they left them in with the fuel rail... (ok).

Now did they use a new throttle body, or just bolt the Carb to the old throttle body?...

For the head I am afraid that you would need to get a head off a carbed rabbit, and those are mechanical lifers, not hydraulic as you have.

For the proper intake you would need Ebay the vwvortex.com thesamba.com classifieds I am afraid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.