Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
8K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  imported_NuClear 
#1 ·
has anybody got firsthand experience with the dynaudio system on the tiguan. it is a 300w 8-speaker unit as opposed to the 600w 10-speaker on the passat so i am not sure how good it really is. pitch clarity and deep bass is what matters to us since we rarely crank up the volume too much!

#4 ·
I also wanna know, as mine is coming in few months!
IMHO the RCD 510 is fine as is, I personally have doubts that the Dynaudio system is worth the extra, but it's really a matter of taste. The RCD510 has awesome sound and is equipped with an SD card reader etc.

Cheers

#5 ·
I also wanna know, as mine is coming in few months!
Hello,

I have expierenced for a few months the Dynaudio soudsys. in my Tiguan 2.0 TDI 140hp, ad i must say that for me it's satisfaying enough. it's got a lots of fine tuning for bass,mid,treble...etc.
The sound is very balanced to the car without any vibration even with bass at full range and very cristal clear.

greetings

Bart

#10 ·
JettaGirl -- does this mean you got your SEL or are you still waiting?

Got it! But, don't get too excited. It doesn't mean the ones with Nav are here. It means that my dealer took one over to a great electronics store and had it loaded with a Pioneer system instead. So, I went with a White Gold SEL, Charcoal Leather, skipped on the 4Motion because this one was FWD, has sunroof, Pioneer AVIC Z3 Nav with pioneer back up cam, bluetooth, pioneer iPod adapter, sirius radio. Only thing I'm missing now is the 6 disc changer which looks like it won't fit in the armrest, but we'll see. I love it to death!!! Pics are in the gallery already.

#11 ·
Bah humbug.....they worked out a deal for you, eh? :)

Two other SEL/NAV people in another thread got confirmation of their VINs, ship load dates of 8/11 and delivery of 9/8.

Since my SEL/NAV was supposed to be built early July hopefully there's some good info waiting for me in the VIM system whenever the dealer returns my calls.

G
#13 ·
I wish I could say they made me a great deal, but not at all. I just liked the car when I saw it, liked the Pioneer system and decided to go for it! :p
LOL, sounds like you did get a good deal. The only person who can really make that call is the person buying. I've seen people purchase vehicles for thousands less than they should have and never happy. Seems like you're very happy with your purchase, so it must have actually been a good deal. Never have remorse for things you decide to do. IF you do, you'll limit yourself on the joy of life. I know. I used to worry all the time about being taken. Then I had an apithany. I saw the secret on Oprah. LOL (no, really) It's definitely made a difference in my life that and "my name is earl" ;). projecting good things to others really works.
=ken

#14 ·
I have in Tiguan RCD 510 +DYNAUDIO pack.
The sound is not good for this money.
And is not easy to replace it with better audio because is amp controlled by CANBUS and repros are connected directly to amp outs without crossovers (crossovers are in amp DSP).
Reproduction is horrible. No deep bass, no space.
Sound like from telephone.

Only RCD 51O is nice receiver. This I like.

Next time I will order just 510 with standard repros and replace replace repros by better. Maybe add amplifer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.