Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

Can you stream Pandora through Bluetooth with an Android phone?

22K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Pepper 
#1 ·
Recently got a 2012 Passat. I have a Samsung Fascinate Android phone. The Bluetooth works fine for the phone but I can't get it to stream Pandora through it. All that seems to happen is if I hit the pause/play button on the car screen it plays/pauses the music playing through my phone but no music comes out of my car speakers and the line showing how long the song has been playing doesn't move.

Does this feature work for Android phones or is it just an iPhone thing?

Thanks

#2 ·
You usually can't control Bluetooth audio through steering wheel/hu controls, especially pandora. If you pair the phone to the car and start playing pandora from the phone does it work?

#4 ·
Volume yes, but nothing else (play, pause, skip ffw rwd, etc...)

#8 ·
Hi, I'm a 2012 passat owner and I've been having all kinds of issues with playing music from my Android phone through bluetooth. After trying everything I could think of and playing with all of the phone and car stereo settings I went to the dealer, the service guy sat in my car for almost an hour, with no luck, from there I went to Verizon and they tried some things that didn't work either. Finally I went to Best Buy, the guy I spoke to there was also extremely helpful, he recommended I get an Aux cable and try that, well that did the trick! Music now soulds Great through the car stereo, it's a little annoying having to plug it in, but that's minor, and the only other annoyances for me is the placement of the Aux jack in the car, and that the stereo display doesn't show me what I'm listening to like when I'm just listening to the radio. But all that aside I can listen to my music with really good quality sound, which is what I really wanted!

#9 ·
I have the SEL Premium trim level on my Passat TDI. My HTC EVO android phone plays music via the bluetooth connection - no problem. These are songs that I copied onto the sim chip in the phone. I'm not sure how Pandora works. I would think you would want to bring in music off line, and then play from memory - vs. streaming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.