Transmission Valve Body [Archive] - Volkswagen Owners Club Forum |VW Golf / Jetta /Passat /Beetle/EOS/Rabbit/GTI /CC/Bus/Touareg/Tiguan/TDI

: Transmission Valve Body

l.i. dubbr
12-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I found this on the tex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5118552-Transmission-Valve-Body-warranty-extension-(hard-shifting) and I seem to be having the exact same problem as explained. Is there a site where I can find warranty extensions from VW? I know theres a site for TSBs but not sure about warranty issues. Also, how would I go about having VW possibly fix this problem? My warranty ends next month and I have an appointment at the dealer next week and wanted to get the car in tip top shape before the warranty goes bye bye. : /

mmmoose
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I got the same letter in the mail today after work. Haven't really had any issues with my 6-speed auto. I mean occasionally it shifts hard between 1-2 like it describes (esp. in cold weather), but almost every other automatic car I've driven does the same thing when it's hunting gears. Don't see the big deal, but it's nice to know my tranny's warranty has now been extended to 100k. Thanks, VW! Makes me worry less for not buying that extended warranty. :-)

l.i. dubbr
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
so this is only for automatic trannys?

nitroscope8
12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
so this is only for automatic trannys?

Only manual transmission with a "valve body" is a DSG :P

l.i. dubbr
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
damn this sucks...i thought this would finally fix my problems for my manual transmission. What would cause symptoms like this in a 5 speed?

le0n
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
^^ letting up the clutch too quickly in 2nd and 3rd :)

l.i. dubbr
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
yeah i wish the answer was that simple : /

tibimakai
12-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I had this problem from the beginning, but to me it seams that it's happening when it's still cold. the biggest problem is that it doesn't happen every time. when I would get to the dealer it would work perfectly.

tibimakai
12-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Saturday I got the letter too. I went to a new dealership(Cerritos VW) to change the brake fluid since they have a $100 coupon till the end of the year, I have used it($64.xx total) and the same time II told him about this letter , but the advisor did not hear about this letter yet.

nitro, I need an advise from you about my kicking issue. how could I have this issue fixed since it won't kick after it's wormed up? and the worst thing is that it doesn't kick every day.

mmmoose
12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Hypothetically speaking let's say that I have the problem described in the letter. Will this issue cause further damage to the transmission if it is left unfixed? Is it even considered damage at all? Or is it just a flaw in the valve body's design that causes harmless jerky shifting?

I only ask because they specifically state that the extended warranty ONLY covers parts and labor expenses for the valve body. If I chose to wait and get it fixed before I hit the 100k limit, I'm concerned about this issue causing further damage to the transmission; in other areas which won't be covered. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Jodah
12-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Im so happy this finally came out, as nitro knows i spoke to him about this quite a while ago, and was jsut too chicken **** to bring it in thinking it wouldn't be under warranty (even though nitro told me it probably would be) Got my letter today, cars gonna go in weds. w00t!