Volkswagen Owners Club Terms Of Service and Rules:
1. Respect Admin/Moderator decisions. The Moderators are Volkswagen enthusiasts just like you, who give their time to help, and keep the site running smoothly. Please give them your utmost respect.
2. Graphic images (all vulgar and/or offensive material including, but not limited to: racism, hate, violence, nudity or pornography) are not tolerated. The Volkswagen Owners Club staff shall be the sole judge of what does and what does not violate the VWOC standards. Remember, membership is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately owned forum.
3. Flaming, Trolling, Board Wars and/or TROLLS are not tolerated. Taunting or inflammatory posts against sites, members, dealers, salespeople, etc. will be removed and an infraction issued. Anyone found to be making inflammatory remarks or posts on other forums toward members, VolkswagenOwnersClub.com, Volkswagen, any VW dealers or forum sponsors will loose their privileges here. If you post negative remarks about this site, be assured that your membership here will be revoked.
4. You are not allowed to post links that lead to an affiliate program or that in any way earn you money, points or anything of monetary value. This includes members that have websites, affiliate IDs or earn money from clickthru's and/or impressions. If you want to use VWOC to advertise, please contact the site owner, Ken Nix, at the bottom of this page, for information.
5. Respect your fellow enthusiasts and site members. Rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, disrespecting, hounding, taunting, flaming or stalking ANYONE (on the forums, chat, or private messaging) will not be tolerated. Debating and discussion is what a forum is all about. Members are likely to express different opinions and have that right, just as you have the right to post your opinions.
6. Platform bashing will not be tolerated. (i.e. MKV vs. MKII, Rabbit vs GTI, etc.)
7. Illegal transactions and/or activities are not allowed on VolkswagenOwnersClub.com. This includes but is not limited to: selling of personal information (i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, credit cards), stolen property, pornography, stalking/harassing. Violating this rule will result in your account being banned permanently and the site admins possibly contacting the proper legal authorities.
8. No promotions of other related sites. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites, or posting a link to a pertinent information, post or thread from another site. However: repeatedly referring to other sites will be considered spam and will NOT be allowed. Please be kind enough to not put links to other sites in your signature, profile, OR tell members in posts, PMs and/or chat to go over to another site. This type of activity is grounds for removal of your signature and repeat offenders will be banned indefinitely. Some cases, upon moderator discretion, can be banned immediately.
9. Signatures are limited to 12 lines and should not be excessive in nature. (i.e. 1 or 2 animations OK. 4 are excessive.) This will be moderated upon the discretion of the staff. If a staff member asks you to remove all or part of your signature, please follow this request.
10. New Threads: Please make titles relative to your post. Don't use generic/nondescriptive titles like "I have a question" or "hey you guys." Details help greatly! If you have a problem with a specific vehicle, please include that in the title. i.e. "Problem with heater fan on 2006 Jetta." This enables people to identify your problem quickly and provide the help you need. Please also include pertinent information such as engine, transmission, model, etc.
11. Prefixes. Some forums will have prefixes to enable quick identification of what you're posting about. (i.e. "JETTA:" or "SOLVED:" or "PROBLEM:") The prefixes are there to help you, so please use them.
12. Posting the same thread repeatedly. Posting the same info in two or more forums or repeatedly in the same forum will result in deletion of duplicates. We understand that some topics might fit in more than one place, but please try and pick the best place to make your post. Moderators can move threads if they feel it is necessary.
13. Do not post in the same thread back to back. If you have something to add, please edit your first post. Posting twice in a row in a thread can be confusing. "Postwhoring" (posting repeatedly to boost post count) will not be tolerated.
14. Search before posting. Please be courteous and search before you start a new topic that has been talked about and solved. We love to have new Topics, but use common sense! Just use the Search feature first, and keep already-posted threads relative.
15. No sexual innuendos or inappropriate Comments toward the female members of this forum. If the victim wants you to go, you will be banned with no mercy. If they do not want you banned, you will receive an infraction regardlesss. The Ladies on VWOC have as much right as anyone else to be here. This is a "female friendly" site.
*These rules cover most common situations. However, we cannot anticipate everything. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure that the VWOC site is not disrupted or abused in any way.
*Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with other members as well as the forum in general.
*If you feel you have been treated unjustly by any of the staff, please feel free to contact the administrator at email@example.com. An administrator will review your case.
*Again, we ask that you keep in mind membership is a privilege, NOT a right. As a private forum, the administration and moderators have total say as to which members are or are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads- anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff will be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will banned with no possibility of return.
Thank you for taking the time to read (and follow!) these rules.